Feminist or not?

Donna Botelho, Reporter

A lot of celebrities like to claim themselves as supporters of certain subjects; regarding politics and such. Music star Nicki Minaj is one of those people. She claims to be a “feminist” and has made many statements regarding to it. But is that famous music producer really true to her word?

Recently, according to entertainment.inquirer.net, her brother (Jelani Maraj) used his sister’s name and lured a 12 year old child into his truck, drove around the corner and sexually assaulted her. The girl was thankfully able to get away while Jelani drove past a surveillance camera.

She was treated and was immediately able to identify him and garner evidence to the act. Jelani was arrested and charged and was posted for 100k bail.

And heres the crazy part, Nicki paid for his bail! The women who identifies as a feminist paid for a man who sexually assaulted a 12 year old to be bailed!

Nicki Minaj has made several quotes about being a feminist like one of her most famous ones like “I’ve always had this female empowerment thing in the back of my mind. Because i wanted my mother to be stronger and she couldn’t be. So I thought ‘If i’m successful I can change her life.'” She’s really big on it. But she bailed her brother for sexual assault? It relates because she would usually speak out against this type of thing. But she bailed her brother out for it. Which confounds most of us. Does she really speak against it?

At the moment he isn’t in a jail cell or in legal custody. He is just waiting for trail. His sister is very much able to grab the most appropriate lawyers to at the least reduce his sentence but decided on bail.

Let’s spend a moment thinking about that 12 year old girl. Sleeping knowing that her assaulter is out on the streets. And her idol is the one who bailed out her attacker.

What do you think? Comment below if you have an opinion that you’d like to share.

###