January 25, 2017

Good Morning Kohala High School.

This is your Morning Bulletin for

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

We, the cafeteria staff, have been working really hard to make lunch a little more pleasing for you folks. Some days are good & some days are not so good. We put out water for you folks to drink during your lunch time because a lot of you are very thirsty & not necessarily for milk so the water is there despite the fact that you folks can just walk out the door & drink from the fountain. However, some of you think that it is funny to put whatever garbage in your water cups & leave it on the table. Yesterday some had gummy candies in them left on the table. If this happens again…just one more time…..we will not put out water anymore. So, before you act, think about the consequences because you folks are only hurting yourselves & your fellow student body. Thank You! Aunty Cilla

Boys Volleyball sign ups now in the main office.

Softball practice will start today in the Weight Room at 4:30. Bring your regular running shoes.

Track & Field sign-ups are still open. The sign-up sheet is located in the front office. First official team meeting will be this Friday, Jan. 27 in Mr. Peterson’s Rm. 24 after school at 2:45pm.

Seniors: Please pay your $16 for class t-shirt to Ms. Rost, Deysha, or Ella ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Please honor your word and pay the $16 today.

Applications for May Day court and nominations for JUNIOR-SENIOR PROM will be taken during morning and lunch recesses in room 34 until tomorrow. Don’t submit anyone’s name unless you’ve told them first.

Are you interested in a college major of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math? If so the Dr. Lori Ann Kim Scholarship may be for you. There is a preference for Kohala residents with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, February 17th.

Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

There will be another SAT test administered at Kohala High School on Saturday, March 11th. If you are interested in registering, go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information and to see if you qualify for a fee waiver. The deadline for normal registration is Friday, February 10th.

The following students have bus passes for pick up: Jerwin Bemain and Summer Kanaheilua-Coito.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

Attention clubs, teams, and classes and advisers, First Fridays are starting up again! See Mrs. Hoy or Aunty Teresa for applications due by January 27. Dates are Feb. 3, March 3, April 7 and May 5 from 4 to 7pm.

Boys Basketball hosts Laupahoehoe tonight @ Kamehameha Park Hisaoka gym. Game @ 6pm.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    BREAKFAST:                                                           

Egg Frittata

Fresh Fruits

Whole Grain Roll

LUNCH:

Spaghetti with Meatballs

Caesar Salad

Garlic Bread; Fresh Fruit; Milk

LOST & FOUND:

House key found in the cafeteria. It can be claimed at the Elementary office.