January 27, 2017

Good Morning Kohala High School.

This is your Morning Bulletin for

Friday, January 27, 2017.

Juniors: Please pay your $15 for your class shirt to Ms. Tanaka, Jashel or Cheyenne ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Cash Only. Please honor your word!!

We, the cafeteria staff, have been working really hard to make lunch a little more pleasing for you folks.   Some days are good & some days are not so good. We put out water for you folks to drink during your lunch time because a lot of you are very thirsty & not necessarily for milk so the water is there despite the fact that you folks can just walk out the door & drink from the fountain. However, some of you think that it is funny to put whatever garbage in your water cups & leave it on the table. Yesterday some had gummy candies in them & left on the table. If this happens again…just one more time…..we will not put out water anymore. So, before you act…..think about the consequences because you folks are only hurting yourselves & your fellow student body. Thank You. Aunty Cilla

Boys Volleyball sign ups now in the main office.

Track & Field sign-ups are still open. The sign-up sheet is located in the front office. First official team meeting today in Mr. Peterson’s Rm. 24 after school at 2:45pm.

Senior students & advisors: Please pay your $16.00 for your class shirt to Ella, Deysha or Ms. Rost today. Obligations will go into effect in one week’s time. Thank you Tako’s!!

Students who have applications for May Day turn in to Mrs. Hoy today.

There will be an Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test also known as the ASVAB being offered at Kohala High School on Wednesday morning, February the 22nd. If you are interested in joining the military you should take this placement test that will determine which potential jobs you may qualify for in each branch of the armed services. Go see the college and career counselor Mr. Bizuneh for permission slips and or more information. The test will take between 3 and 3 and a half hours.

Are you interested in a college major of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math? If so the Dr. Lori Ann Kim Scholarship may be for you. There is a preference for Kohala residents with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, February 17th.

Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

There will be another SAT test administered at Kohala High School on Saturday, March 11th. If you are interested in registering, go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information and to see if you qualify for a fee waiver. The deadline for normal registration is Friday, February 10th.

The following students have bus passes for pick up: Summer Kanehailua-Coito and Jovylyn Campollo.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

Attention clubs, teams, and classes and advisers, First Fridays are starting up again! See Mrs. Hoy or Aunty Teresa in the office for an applications. Dates are Feb. 3, March 3, April 7 and May 5 from 4 to 7pm.

Saturday:            Soccer travels to CLA. Game @ 3pm. Bus leaves @ 12noon.

Boys Basketball travels to Pahoa. Game @ 6pm. JV vs Kanu O Ka Aina. Bus leaves @ 2:30pm

BREAKFAST/LUNCH

**CHECK OUT THE CAFETERIA MEAL SIGN IN THE HALLWAY**

LOST & FOUND:

House key found in the cafeteria. It can be claimed at the Elementary office.