January 30, 2017

Good Morning Kohala High School.

This is your Morning Bulletin for

Monday, January 30, 2017.

Speech Club will have Valentine Grams and flowers for sale soon. Watch for Flyers and ordering details. Delivery will be made by Speech club members or you will be able to pick up and deliver your Valentine’s gram in person. Valentines Day is coming soon!

Juniors: Pls. pay your $15 for your class shirt to Ms. Tanaka, Jashel or Cheyenne ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Pls. honor your word!!

Boys Volleyball sign ups now in the main office.

Senior students & advisors: Pls. pay your $16.00 for your class shirt to Ella, Deysha or Ms. Rost today. Obligations will go into effect in one weekʻs time. Thank you Tako’s!!

There will be an Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test, also known as the ASVAB, being offered at Kohala High School on Wednesday morning, February the 22nd. If you are interested in joining the military you should take this placement test that will determine which potential jobs you may qualify for in each branch of the armed services. Go see the college and career counselor Mr. Bizuneh for permission slips and or more information. The test will take between 3 and 3 and a half hours.

Are you interested in a college major of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math? If so the Dr. Lori Ann Kim Scholarship may be for you. There is a preference for Kohala residents with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, February 17th.

Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

There will be another SAT test administered at Kohala High School on Saturday, March 11th. If you are interested in registering, go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information and to see if you qualify for a fee waiver. The deadline for normal registration is Friday, February 10th.

The following students have bus passes for pick up: Summer Kanehailua-Coito and Jovylyn Campollo.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

Attention clubs, teams, and classes and advisers, First Fridays are starting up again! See Mrs. Hoy or Aunty Teresa in the office for applications. Dates are Feb. 3, March 3, April 7 and May 5 from 4 to 7pm.

Boys Basketball travels to Hilo High School today. Game @ 6pm. Bus leaves @ 2:30pm. Please excuse players @ 2:15pm.

Soccer plays at Honokaʻa today. Game at 3:00pm. Excuse players at 12:45pm. Bus eaves at 1:00pm

BREAKFAST/LUNCH

**CHECK OUT THE CAFETERIA MEAL SIGN IN THE HALLWAY**