January 31, 2017

Good Morning Kohala High School.

This is your Morning Bulletin for

Tuesday, January 31, 2017.

Please excuse Girls Basketball players all day today and the rest of the week. They are traveling to Oahu for the HHSAA State Tournament. Good Luck Cowgirls!!

Seniors attending Hawaii Grad Nite Disneyland, there is a meeting today during lunch in Ms. Rost’s     Rm. 21.

Any student interested in Track this spring, sign-ups are still in the office. Last day to sign-up and 1st day of practice will be Mon., Feb. 6, 2017. 2nd team meeting is scheduled for this Fri., Feb. 3, 2017 in Mr. Peterson’s Rm. 24 at 2:45pm.

Speech Club will have Valentine Grams and flowers for sale soon. Watch for Flyers and ordering details. Delivery will be made by Speech club members or you will be able to pick up and deliver your Valentine’s gram in person. Valentines Day is coming soon!

Juniors: Please pay your $15 cash for your class shirt to Ms. Tanaka, Jashel or Cheyenne ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Pls. honor your word!!

Boys Volleyball sign ups now in the main office.

Senior students & advisors: Please pay your $16.00 for your class shirt to Ella, Deysha or Ms. Rost today. Obligations will go into effect in one week’s time. Thank you Takos!!

There will be an Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test also known as the ASVAB being offered at Kohala High School on Wednesday morning, February the 22nd. If you are interested in joining the military you should take this placement test that will determine which potential jobs you may qualify for in each branch of the armed services. Go see the college and career counselor Mr. Bizuneh for permission slips and or more information. The test will take between 3 and 3 and a half hours.

Are you interested in a college major of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math? If so the Dr. Lori Ann Kim Scholarship may be for you. There is a preference for Kohala residents with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, February 17th.

Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

There will be another SAT test administered at Kohala High School on Saturday, March 11th. If you are interested in registering, go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information and to see if you qualify for a fee waiver. The deadline for normal registration is Friday, February 10th.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

The Annual Penny Wars are coming back in the month of February! This is the event where the classes will compete against each other to gain spirit points. The objective is to get the most copper coins in your class jar. The jars will be located in Room 34 during morning and lunch recesses. Other cash donations are welcome for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Leukemia causes more deaths than any other cancer among children and young adults under age 20. All donations go towards benefiting the Society’s mission to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.

May Day Applications are still being accepted please turn in to Mrs. Hoy in Room 34.

Attention clubs, teams, classes and advisors: First Fridays are starting up again! Come and check it out………..Delicious baked goods, onolicious take-out or dine-in food, and creative crafts and much more!! If interested in being a food, craft, or even special talent vendor and making some extra money, don’t hesitate to pick up an application from Mrs. Hoy in Rm. 34 or Aunty Teresa in the main office. Dates are Feb. 3, March 3, April 7 and May 5 from 4 to 7pm.

BREAKFAST/LUNCH

**CHECK OUT THE CAFETERIA MEAL SIGN IN THE HALLWAY**