February 3, 2017

Good Morning Kohala High School.

This is your Morning Bulletin for

Friday, February 3, 2017.

SENIORS: Baby pictures for Yearbook are due by February 10. Senior Mob Shot will be taken on Tuesday February 7, weather permitting, at lunch recess on the field; bring your signs and your smiles!

It’s time to start clearing your consoles and change jars for a good cause. Bring in those coins for Pennies for Patients to room 34.

Tennis starts Monday @ Kamehameha Park from 3:15pm to 5pm. Current physical is mandatory.

Please excuse Girls Basketball players all day this week. They are traveling to Oahu for the HHSAA State Tournament. Good Luck Cowgirls!!

Any student interested in Track this spring, sign-ups are still in the office. Last day to sign-up and 1st day of practice will be Monday, Feb. 6, 2017. The 2nd team meeting is scheduled for this Friday, Feb. 3, 2017 in Mr. Peterson’s Rm. 24 at 2:45pm.

Juniors: Please pay your $15 for your class shirt to Ms. Tanaka, Jashel or Cheyenne ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Pls. honor your word!!

Senior students & advisors: Pls. pay your $16.00 for your class shirt to Ella, Deysha or Ms. Rost today. Obligations will go into effect. Thank you Takos!!

The Manuel Family Scholarship Fund is awarding several scholarships in the amount of $500 – $1,000 to graduating high school seniors of Kohala High School. Recipient(s) are chosen by a selection panel. All graduating high school seniors planning to enroll full time in any two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning are eligible. The scholarship can be used for educational expenses such as tuition, books, fees, supplies, room and board. The Scholarship Application Form can be obtained from Mr. Bizuneh. The deadline is April 1, 2017.

Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will be awarding eight $2,500 scholarships to Big Island graduating seniors with plans to attend 2 or 4 year post secondary school. Post secondary schools include: universities, vocational schools, technical schools, community college all with a minimum two year curriculum. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

There will be an Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test also known as the ASVAB being offered at Kohala High School on Wednesday morning, February the 22nd. If you are interested in joining the military you should take this placement test that will determine which potential jobs you may qualify for in each branch of the armed services. Go see the college and career counselor Mr. Bizuneh for permission slips and or more information. The test will take between 3 and 3 and a half hours.

Are you interested in a college major of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math? If so the Dr. Lori Ann Kim Scholarship may be for you. There is a preference for Kohala residents with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, February 17th.

Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

There will be another SAT test administered at Kohala High School on Saturday, March 11th. If you are interested in registering, go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information and to see if you qualify for a fee waiver. The deadline for normal registration is Friday, February 10th.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

The Annual Penny Wars are coming back this month! This is the event where the classes will compete against each other to gain spirit points. The objective is to get the most copper coins in your class jar. The jars will be located in Room 34 during morning and lunch recesses. Other cash donations are welcome for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Leukemia causes more deaths than any other cancer among children and young adults under age 20. All donations go towards benefiting the Society’s mission to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.

May Day Applications are still being accepted please turn in to Mrs. Hoy in Room 34.

Attention clubs, teams, classes and advisors: First Friday tonight! Come and check it out………..Delicious baked goods, onolicious take-out or dine-in food, and creative crafts and much more!! If interested in being a food, craft, or even special talent vendor and making some extra money, don’t hesitate to pick up an application from Mrs. Hoy in Rm. 34 or Aunty Teresa in the main office. Future dates are March 3, April 7 and May 5 from 4 to 7pm.                                                                                                                        M. Hoy

Swimming will be competing today in the BIIF Trials @ Kona Aquatic Center. Please excuse swimmers @ 9:45am. Meet starts @ 3pm. Qualifiers will advance to tomorrow’s meet in the BIIF Finals @ 1pm. GOOD LUCK!!

Saturday:            Boys Basketball travels to Konawaena. Game @ 6pm. Bus leaves @ 2:30pm.

BREAKFAST:LUNCH

**CHECK OUT THE CAFETERIA MEAL SIGN IN THE HALLWAY**