February 9, 2017

Good Morning Kohala High School.

This is your Morning Bulletin for

Thursday, February 9, 2017.

Pennies for Patients continues today during recesses in Room 34.

All May Day applicants meet in room 34 at 12:25 TODAY.

There is a Prom Committee meeting today in room 23 during lunch recess.

Did you know that In 1537, England’s King Henry VII officially declared Feb. 14 the holiday of St. Valentine’s Day? If you want to send a special message to someone to wish them Happy Valentine’s Day, Buy your Valentine Grams and flowers from the Kohala High Speech Club during recess in front of Mr Peterson’s class. Your message and gift will be delivered on Valentines Day, Tuesday , February 14th ! Just two more days to get your grams, tags, cards, and flowers right here and delivered for you!

Boys Volleyball workouts will begin today @ 4pm in the school gym. If you are interested, but did not get to sign-up, you are welcome to come. Pls. be prompt. Physicals required.

Juniors: Pls. pay your $15 for your class shirt to Ms. Tanaka, Jashel or Cheyenne ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Pls. honor your word!!

Attentions Seniors: The Manuel Family Scholarship Fund is awarding several scholarships in the amount of $500 – $1,000 to graduating high school seniors of Kohala High School. Recipient(s) are chosen by a selection panel. All graduating high school seniors planning to enroll full time in any two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning are eligible. The scholarship can be used for educational expenses such as tuition, books, fees, supplies, room and board. The Scholarship Application Form can be obtained from Mr. Bizuneh. The deadline is April 1, 2017.

Attentions Seniors: Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will be awarding eight $2,500 scholarships to Big Island graduating seniors with plans to attend 2 or 4 year post secondary school. Post secondary schools include: universities, vocational schools, technical schools, community college all with a minimum two year curriculum. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

Attention Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors: There will be an Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test also known as the ASVAB being offered at Kohala High School on Wednesday morning, February the 22nd. If you are interested in joining the military you should take this placement test that will determine which potential jobs you may qualify for in each branch of the armed services. Go see the college and career counselor Mr. Bizuneh for permission slips and or more information. The test will take between 3 and 3 and a half hours.

Attentions Seniors: Are you interested in a college major of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math? If so the Dr. Lori Ann Kim Scholarship may be for you. There is a preference for Kohala residents with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, February 17th.

Attentions Seniors: Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

Attention Juniors and Seniors: There will be another SAT test administered at Kohala High School on Saturday, March 11th. If you are interested in registering, go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information and to see if you qualify for a fee waiver. The deadline for normal registration is Friday, February 10th.

Boys Varsity Basketball travels to Hilo Civic today to play #2 HPA. Game @ 4pm. Bus leaves @ 12:30pm. Pls. excuse players @ 12:15pm. Good Luck Cowboys!!

BREAKFAST/LUNCH

**CHECK OUT THE CAFETERIA MEAL SIGN IN THE HALLWAY**