February 14, 2017

Good Morning Kohala High School.

This is your Morning Bulletin for

Tuesday, February 14, 2017.

Jostens cap and gown orders will be distributed tomorrow during morning recess in Ms. White’s Rm F30. Seniors must pick up their own orders.

Kohala Student Credit Union Members, please stop by the SCU table located outside Mr. Douglas’ classroom during lunch recess today to receive your Valentine’s Day giveaway.

Leukemia it has a face, it has a name, his name starts with M. Starting today we will also be collecting for our former student, to assist him in his journey.

Penny Wars continue at recess and lunch room 34; updates on score totals coming next week!

Boys Volleyball tryouts will take place this Thurs. and Fri. from 4pm-6pm. Current physicals are required.

Juniors: Pls. pay your $15 for your class shirt to Ms. Tanaka, Jashel or Cheyenne ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Pls. honor your word!!

*Attentions Seniors: The Manuel Family Scholarship Fund is awarding several scholarships in the amount of $500 – $1,000 to graduating high school seniors of Kohala High School. Recipient(s) are chosen by a selection panel. All graduating high school seniors planning to enroll full time in any two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning are eligible. The scholarship can be used for educational expenses such as tuition, books, fees, supplies, room and board. The Scholarship Application Form can be obtained from Mr. Bizuneh. The deadline is April 1, 2017.

*Attentions Seniors: Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will be awarding eight $2,500 scholarships to Big Island graduating seniors with plans to attend 2 or 4 year post secondary school. Post secondary schools include: universities, vocational schools, technical schools, community college all with a minimum two year curriculum. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

*Attention Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors: There will be an Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test also known as the ASVAB being offered at Kohala High School on Wednesday morning, February the 22nd. If you are interested in joining the military you should take this placement test that will determine which potential jobs you may qualify for in each branch of the armed services. Go see the college and career counselor Mr. Bizuneh for permission slips and or more information. The test will take between 3 and 3 and a half hours.

Attentions Seniors: Are you interested in a college major of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math? If so the Dr. Lori Ann Kim Scholarship may be for you. There is a preference for Kohala residents with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, February 17th.

Attentions Seniors: Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

Happy Valentine’s Day! Need something for your sweetheart or dear friend, check out Speech Club floral sale today during recess next to Mr. Peterson’s room.

*Attn. Juniors: Next week, Tues., Feb. 21, you will be working on your ACT PRE-TEST. This will be done during Pd. 3 or Pd. 5 in Mr. Douglas’ Test Prep classes in Rm. 35. The following students are scheduled to report to Rm. 35 during Pd. 3 along with Mr. Douglas’ Pd. 3 class:

Louis Arraujo                                    Miranda Canniff                        Kiele Carpio                        Zekaria Duque

Antonette Fernandez                        Marc Francisco                        Whitley Francisco            JSean Giron

Seth Knappe                                    Cayshen Laau-Silva-Mahi            Naomi Ney                        Andrew Pale

Ian Rivera                                    Nevan Robertson                        Dregn Roque-Lewis            Jacob Salvador

Keoni Tavares-Matsuda            Chris Tinfo

*The following students are scheduled to report to Rm. 35 during Pd. 5 along with Mr. Douglas’ Pd. 5 class:

CJ Agbayani                                    Nicole Castillo                        Brogran Colovos            Reece Hooton

Symphony Kauanoe                        Kahoali’i Lewis                        Zazttaney Matsu            Kaid Nickl

Isaiah Salmoiraghi                        Bayleigh Wiernicki

*9th, 10th, and 11th graders: Testing day is NEAR!  Feb. 28th is a SPECIAL SCHEDULE day. Seniors will be working on Senior Projects; Juniors will be taking the ACT exam; Sophomores and Freshmen will be taking the ACT Aspire Summative test. The schedule and assigned classrooms for Feb. 28 are posted in front of the library, by Mrs. Stafford’s office, and by Mr. Bizuneh’s office. Check it out TODAY!

BREAKFAST/LUNCH

**CHECK OUT THE CAFETERIA MEAL SIGN IN THE HALLWAY**