February 22, 2017

STUDENTS:

In the Penny War its, Juniors – First,Freshmen-Second, Sophomores-Third and , Seniors-Fourth..

Continue to bring your donations this week to room 34!

9th, 10th, and 11th graders: Please be advised that if you are late on your Feb. 28 special schedule day, you will need to do the MAKE UP TEST in March. Also, YOU WILL NOT be able to participate in testing on the 28th, if you come to school after 8am. So, PLS. BE SURE TO GET A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP AND COME TO SCHOOL ON TIME!!!

Juniors: Please pay your $15 for your class shirt to Ms. Tanaka, Jashel or Cheyenne ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Please honor your word!!

Attention Seniors: The Manuel Family Scholarship Fund is awarding several scholarships in the amount of $500 – $1,000 to graduating high school seniors of Kohala High School. Recipient(s) are chosen by a selection panel. All graduating high school seniors planning to enroll full time in any two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning are eligible. The scholarship can be used for educational expenses such as tuition, books, fees, supplies, room and board. The Scholarship Application Form can be obtained from Mr. Bizuneh. The deadline is April 1, 2017.

Attention Seniors: Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will be awarding eight $2,500 scholarships to Big Island graduating seniors with plans to attend 2 or 4 year post secondary school. Post secondary schools include: universities, vocational schools, technical schools, community college all with a minimum two year curriculum. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

Attention Seniors: Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

Students who were in Ms. Withrow’s (Room 29) classes on Friday, 2/17. Are you missing something? Did you leave something in the room? If so, please come to the office to claim it. You will need to identify it.

9th, 10th, and 11th graders: Testing day is NEAR!  Feb. 28th is a SPECIAL SCHEDULE day. Seniors will be working on Senior Projects; Juniors will be taking the ACT exam; Sophomores and Freshmen will be taking the ACT Aspire Summative test. The schedule and assigned classrooms for Feb. 28 are posted in front of the library, by Mrs. Stafford’s office, and by Mr. Bizuneh’s office. Check it out TODAY!

Girls Softball travels to Kealakehe today. Game @ 3pm. Bus leaves @ 12:30pm. Please excuse players @ 12:15pm