February 23, 2017

STUDENTS:

In the Penny War its, Juniors – First, Freshmen-Second, Sophomores-Third and Seniors-Fourth..

Continue to bring your donations this week to room 34

9th, 10th, and 11th graders: Pls. be advised that if you are late on your Feb. 28 special schedule day, you will need to do the MAKE UP TEST in March. Also, YOU WILL NOT be able to participate in testing on the 28th, if you come to school after 8am. So, PLS. BE SURE TO GET A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP AND COME TO SCHOOL ON TIME!!!

Juniors: Please pay your $15 for your class shirt to Ms. Tanaka, Jashel or Cheyenne ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Please honor your word!!

The following scholarships are available. See Mr. Bizuneh or go online to Ka Leo Na ‘Opio for more details:

The Manuel Family Scholarship Fund in the amount of $500 – $1,000. The deadline is April 1, 2017.

Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will be awarding eight $2,500 scholarships to Big Island graduating seniors with plans to attend 2 or 4-year post secondary school. The application deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

The Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship for students majoring in accounting. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

Students who were in Ms. Withrow’s (Room 29) classes on Friday, 2/17. Are you missing something? Did you leave something in the room? If so, please come to the office to claim it. You will need to identify it.

*9th, 10th, and 11th graders: Testing day is NEAR!  Feb. 28th is a SPECIAL SCHEDULE day. Seniors will be working on Senior Projects; Juniors will be taking the ACT exam; Sophomores and Freshmen will be taking the ACT Aspire Summative test. The schedule and assigned classrooms for Feb. 28 are posted in front of the library, by Mrs. Stafford’s office, and by Mr. Bizuneh’s office. Check it out TODAY!

Boys Baseball hosts Konawaena today @ Kamehameha Park. Game @ 3pm. Pls. excuse players @ 1:15pm.