Mach 1, 2017

All students attending Hawaii Grad Nite: Payment and applications are due this Fri., Mar. 3, 2017.

Pennies for Patients ends tomorrow during lunch time!   Jars are in room 34 for your donations! Thank you!

Juniors: Please pay your $15 for your class shirt to Ms. Tanaka, Jashel or Cheyenne ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Please honor your word!!

Attention Seniors: The Manuel Family Scholarship Fund is awarding several scholarships in the amount of $500 – $1,000 to graduating high school seniors of Kohala High School. Recipient(s) are chosen by a selection panel. All graduating high school seniors planning to enroll full time in any two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning are eligible. The scholarship can be used for educational expenses such as tuition, books, fees, supplies, room and board. The Scholarship Application Form can be obtained from Mr. Bizuneh. The deadline is April 1, 2017.

Attention Seniors: Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will be awarding eight $2,500 scholarships to Big Island graduating seniors with plans to attend 2 or 4 year post secondary school. Post secondary schools include: universities, vocational schools, technical schools, community college all with a minimum two year curriculum. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

Attention Seniors: Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

The Kohala High School Track & Field team is having their 2nd fundraiser!! They are pre-selling frozen Braddah Pops for $20.00 a ticket which includes 10 assorted flavors in a bag. Tickets are being sold until this Friday and must be redeemed at First Friday, Mar. 3rd from 4pm to 7pm at the School Store window. Buy your tickets now from any Track team member.

Students who were in Ms. Withrow’s (Room 29) classes on Friday, 2/17. Are you missing something? Did you leave something in the room? If so, please come to the office to claim it. You will need to identify it.

Spring into a healthier you!  Come out for our very special Blue Zones First Friday THIS Friday from 4:00pm-7:00pm in front of the library.  We’ll have our regular, amazing food and craft vendors, music, free games with prizes, free blood pressure screenings, free cooking demo with samples and recipes, free haircuts for boys and men, and KARES will have some dogs available for adoption here!  There will be henna tattoos, a smoothie bike and a very special egg hunt for children ages 1 through Grade 6.  Some lucky egg “hunters” will find gift certificates to local restaurants as well as food and gifts from local stores. We hope to see you there!!

Baseball hosts HPA today @ Kamehameha Park. Game @ 3pm.

Tennis hosts Kealakehe today @ Mauna Kea Beach Hotel. Match starts @ 1pm. Pls. excuse players @ 11:30am.