March 2, 2017

Congratulations Freshmen and Sophomores on completing the majority of your ACT Aspire Summative Tests. In the days to come, we will complete your reading and writing exams. To celebrate your 100% No Less spirit, we are going to give you some treats in class next week Wed., March 8. Good job!! We’re proud of you!!

CONGRATULATIONS JUNIOR CLASS! You had 100% attendance, participation, and completion for your ACT exam on Tuesday! To celebrate your 100% No Less spirit, we are going to treat you to a SUNDAE Wednesday! Come get your sundaes next Wed., March 8, during recess in front of the library.

Congratulations Seniors on a productive Senior Project work day! We are discussing ways in which we can continue to support you in completing your Senior Project. Pls. continue to work in Advisory, English classes, and afterschool…………….and keep listening to the bulletin for Senior Project help sessions!

All students attending Hawaii Grad Nite: Payment and applications are due tomorrow.

Pennies for Patients ends today during lunch time!   Jars are in room 34 for your donations! Thank you!

Juniors: Please pay your $15 for your class shirt to Ms. Tanaka, Jashel or Cheyenne ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Please honor your word!!

Attention Seniors: The Manuel Family Scholarship Fund is awarding several scholarships in the amount of $500 – $1,000 to graduating high school seniors of Kohala High School. Recipient(s) are chosen by a selection panel. All graduating high school seniors planning to enroll full time in any two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning are eligible. The scholarship can be used for educational expenses such as tuition, books, fees, supplies, room and board. The Scholarship Application Form can be obtained from Mr. Bizuneh. The deadline is April 1, 2017.

Attention Seniors: Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will be awarding eight $2,500 scholarships to Big Island graduating seniors with plans to attend 2 or 4 year post secondary school. Post secondary schools include: universities, vocational schools, technical schools, community college all with a minimum two year curriculum. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

Attention Seniors: Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

For Students interested in taking Session 3 Driver’s Ed class: There will be a mandatory meeting during first recess in Mr. Kealoha’s classroom to cover information on some basic requirements regarding admission into the program. The required 1.5 hour Parent/student driver meeting will be held on March 28, Tuesday evening. Any questions, see Mr. Kealoha today.

The Kohala High School Track & Field team is having their 2nd fundraiser!! They are pre-selling frozen Braddah Pops for $20.00 a ticket which includes 10 assorted flavors in a bag. Tickets are being sold until tomorrow and must be redeemed at First Friday, Mar. 3rd from 4pm to 7pm at the School Store window. Buy your tickets now from any Track & Field team member.

Spring into a healthier you!  Come out for our very special Blue Zones First Friday tomorrow from 4:00pm-7:00pm in front of the library.  We’ll have our regular, amazing food and craft vendors, music, free games with prizes, free blood pressure screenings, free cooking demo with samples and recipes, free haircuts for boys and men, and KARES will have some dogs available for adoption here!  There will be henna tattoos, a smoothie bike and a very special egg hunt for children ages 1 through Grade 6.  Some lucky egg “hunters” will find gift certificates to local restaurants as well as food and gifts from local stores. We hope to see you there!!

Softball hosts HPA today @ Kamehameha Park. Game @ 3pm. Pls. excuse players @ 1:15pm.