March 3, 2017

Junior Class Officers and Prom Committee members will meet with Mrs. Pasco every Tuesday and Thursday during lunch recess in Rm. 23 beginning Tues., Mar. 7th.

Prom Court meeting Monday at morning recess in Library Annex Academy room.

There will be a mtg. for all May Day court members on Mon., Mar. 6 during lunchtime in Mrs. Hoy’s Rm. 34. Also, another mtg. scheduled for all court members and their parents on Mon., Mar. 6 at 6:45pm in Mrs. Hoy’s Art Rm.

All students attending Hawaii Grad Nite: Payment and applications are due today.

Juniors: Pls. pay your $15 for your class shirt to Ms. Tanaka, Jashel or Cheyenne ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Pls. honor your word!!

Attention Seniors: The Manuel Family Scholarship Fund is awarding several scholarships in the amount of $500 – $1,000 to graduating high school seniors of Kohala High School. Recipient(s) are chosen by a selection panel. All graduating high school seniors planning to enroll full time in any two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning are eligible. The scholarship can be used for educational expenses such as tuition, books, fees, supplies, room and board. The Scholarship Application Form can be obtained from Mr. Bizuneh. The deadline is April 1, 2017.

Attention Seniors: Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will be awarding eight $2,500 scholarships to Big Island graduating seniors with plans to attend 2 or 4 year post secondary school. Post secondary schools include: universities, vocational schools, technical schools, community college all with a minimum two year curriculum. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

Attention Seniors: Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

For Students interested in taking Session 3 Driver’s Ed class: There will be a mandatory meeting on Tues., Mar. 14 during first recess in Mr. Kealoha’s classroom to cover information on some basic requirements regarding admission into the program. The required 1.5 hour Parent/student driver meeting will be held on March 28, Tuesday evening.

Don’t forget………Braddah Pops will be on sale tonight at First Friday! Get them while they last! First come, first serve at Kohala High School First Fridays!!

Spring into a healthier you!  Come out for our very special Blue Zones First Friday today from 4:00pm-7:00pm in front of the library.  We’ll have our regular, amazing food and craft vendors, music, free games with prizes, free blood pressure screenings, free cooking demo with samples and recipes, free haircuts for boys and men, and KARES will have some dogs available for adoption here!  There will be henna tattoos, a smoothie bike and a very special egg hunt for children ages 1 through Grade 6.  Some lucky egg “hunters” will find gift certificates to local restaurants as well as food and gifts from local stores. We hope to see you there!!

Boys Volleyball travels to Kealakehe today. Game @ 6pm.

Saturday:  Softball and Baseball travels to Kamehameha. Girls game @ 11am; Boys game to follow. Bus leaves @ 7am.