March 6, 2017

Junior Class Officers and Prom Committee members will meet with Mrs. Pasco every Tuesday and Thursday during lunch recess in Rm. 23 beginning tomorrow, Tues., Mar. 7th.

There will be a meeting for all May Day court members today during lunchtime in

Mrs. Hoy’s Rm. 34. Also, another meeting scheduled for all court members and their parents tonight at 6:45pm in Mrs. Hoy’s Art Rm.

Juniors: Please pay your $15 for your class shirt to Ms. Tanaka, Jashel or Cheyenne ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Please honor your word!

Attention Seniors: The Manuel Family Scholarship Fund is awarding several scholarships in the amount of $500 – $1,000 to graduating high school seniors of Kohala High School. Recipient(s) are chosen by a selection panel. All graduating high school seniors planning to enroll full time in any two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning are eligible. The scholarship can be used for educational expenses such as tuition, books, fees, supplies, room and board. The Scholarship Application Form can be obtained from Mr. Bizuneh. The deadline is April 1, 2017.

Attention Seniors: Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will be awarding eight $2,500 scholarships to Big Island graduating seniors with plans to attend 2 or 4 year post secondary school. Post secondary schools include: universities, vocational schools, technical schools, community college all with a minimum two year curriculum. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

Attention Seniors: Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

For Students interested in taking Session 3 Driver’s Ed class: There will be a mandatory meeting on Tues., Mar. 14 during first recess in Mr. Kealoha’s classroom to cover information on some basic requirements regarding admission into the program. The required 1.5 hour Parent/student driver meeting will be held on March 28, Tuesday evening.

Baseball travels to Konawaena Game at 3pm. Bus at 12. Excuse players at 11:45am