March 7, 2017

Junior Class Officers and Prom Committee members will meet with Mrs. Pasco every Tuesday and Thursday during lunch recess in Rm. 23 beginning today.

Help for Senior Projects will be available for you in the library from 6:00-8:00 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Com and get personalized assistance to complete your Senior Project.

Juniors: Pls. pay your $15 for your class shirt to Ms. Tanaka, Jashel or Cheyenne ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Pls. honor your word!!

Attention Seniors: The Manuel Family Scholarship Fund is awarding several scholarships in the amount of $500 – $1,000 to graduating high school seniors of Kohala High School. Recipient(s) are chosen by a selection panel. All graduating high school seniors planning to enroll full time in any two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning are eligible. The scholarship can be used for educational expenses such as tuition, books, fees, supplies, room and board. The Scholarship Application Form can be obtained from Mr. Bizuneh. The deadline is April 1, 2017.

Attention Seniors: Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will be awarding eight $2,500 scholarships to Big Island graduating seniors with plans to attend 2 or 4 year post secondary school. Post secondary schools include: universities, vocational schools, technical schools, community college all with a minimum two year curriculum. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

Attention Seniors: Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

The Navy Band will be performing on Tues., April 18, during Pd. 3 in the gym. More details after break!

For Students interested in taking Session 3 Driver’s Ed class: There will be a mandatory meeting on Tues., Mar. 14 during first recess in Mr. Kealoha’s classroom to cover information on some basic requirements regarding admission into the program. The required 1.5 hour Parent/student driver meeting will be held on March 28, Tuesday evening.

Boys Volleyball travels to Hilo today. Game @ 6pm. Bus leaves @ 2pm. Pls. excuse players @ 1:45pm.

It’s time for Spring Spirit Week March 13-17 Class Competition. That means some Dress Up Days to plan for next week!

March 13 ~ Monday Spring Colors

Let’s welcome spring! Come to school wearing spring colors. Greens, pale blues, pink, purple, orange or yellow. Must be 50% to be counted.

March 14 ~ Tuesday Flower Power

Be like a flower and blossom! Wear floral clothing to be counted 50%.

March 15 ~ It’s Wacky Wednesday!

Come to school whacky! Miss match your clothes and earn some spirit points, 100%.

March 16 ~ Throwback Thursday to the 60’s

Wear tie dyed shirts, sunglasses, love beads, etc. 50% to be counted.

March 17 ~ Friday: Are you feeling cultural?

Maybe like a leprechaun? The world is full of adventure. Come to school dressed in your ethnicity!  Within Dress Code Please! 50% to be counted.