March 13, 2017

Attention Seniors: Interested in how graduation will be? Want to be part of the committee? See Ms White today. Many hands make for light work. Sign up in Rm F30. Then listen to bulletins for meetings.

Juniors: Please pay your $15 for your class shirt to Ms. Tanaka, Jashel or Cheyenne ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Please honor your word!!

Attention Freshman, Sophomores, & Juniors: There will be a representative from Kamehameha Schools coming to Kohala High School Wednesday, March the 15th during 2nd and 6th period. If you are interested in taking dual credit courses next school year and applying for a scholarship to cover the expenses, go get your permission slips from the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh.

Note that preference will be given to students with some Hawaiian ancestry.

Attention Seniors: The Manuel Family Scholarship Fund is awarding several scholarships in the amount of $500 – $1,000 to graduating high school seniors of Kohala High School. Recipient(s) are chosen by a selection panel. All graduating high school seniors planning to enroll full time in any two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning are eligible. The scholarship can be used for educational expenses such as tuition, books, fees, supplies, room and board. The Scholarship Application Form can be obtained from Mr. Bizuneh. The deadline is April 1, 2017.

Attention Seniors: Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will be awarding eight $2,500 scholarships to Big Island graduating seniors with plans to attend 2 or 4 year post secondary school. Post secondary schools include: universities, vocational schools, technical schools, community college all with a minimum two year curriculum. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

Attention Seniors: Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

The Na’au ‘Oiwi Academy is holding a Food Bank drive as a community service project. Nonperishable food items can be dropped off at the Academy room at any time during this month.

For Students interested in taking Session 3 Driver’s Ed class: There will be a mandatory meeting tomorrow during first recess in Mr. Kealoha’s classroom to cover information on some basic requirements regarding admission into the program. The required 1.5 hour Parent/student driver meeting will be held on March 28, Tuesday evening.

Softball travels to Konawaena today. Game @ 3pm. Bus leaves @ 12noon. Pls. excuse players @ 11:45am.

It’s time for Spring Spirit Week March 13-17 Class Competition

Today is Spring Colors – Let’s welcome spring! Come to school wearing spring colors. Greens, pale blues, pink, purple, orange or yellow. Must be 50% to be counted.

March 14 ~ Tuesday Flower Power – Be like a flower and blossom! Wear floral clothing to be counted 50%.

March 15 ~ It’s Wacky Wednesday! – Come to school whacky! Miss match your clothes and earn some spirit points, 100%.

March 16 ~ Throwback Thursday to the 60’s – Wear tie dyed shirts, sunglasses, love beads, etc. 50% to be counted.

March 17 ~ Friday: Are you feeling cultural? – Maybe like a leprechaun? The world is full of adventure, come to school dressed in your ethnicity!  Within Dress Code Please! 50% to be counted.