March 15, 2017

We are organizing the Commencement Committee for Graduation 2018 to meet with the Jostens representative on Tuesday, March 28 during first period. If you are a member of the Class of 2018 and are willing to fully commit to meeting over the course of this next year to plan for graduation, see Mrs. Pasco before 3:00 on Thursday, March 16 so she can get permission for you to attend this first meeting.

Junior-Senior Prom court picture taking morning recess room 34.

Seniors Seniors don’t be shy unless you want the decisions to be made by another guy! Commencement Committee meeting – March 17 Morning Recess. Future Meeting dates will then be announced. All are invited, but please, join only if you are seriously wanting to impact the Graduation Commencement Ceremony. We need Seniors who are willing to help plan and make decisions as well as take actions to complete our tasks. Mahalo from Ms White

ATTENTION STUDENTS GRADES 9 & 11: This is your last week to turn in your parents’ SQS survey envelopes to Ms White and receive a Kohala Cowboys- E Ala E Na Paniolo gold and black wristband. Please turn your envelope to Ms White!  Yay! Freshmen and Juniors!

Tako Tako don’t delay Come to Senior Project Assist today in the library 6-8PM ! Get your portfolio organized, get your presentation slides prepared!

Attention Freshman, Sophomores, & Juniors: There will be a representative from Kamehameha Schools coming to Kohala High School today during 2nd and 6th period. If you are interested in taking dual credit courses next school year and applying for a scholarship to cover the expenses, go get your permission slips from the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh.

Note that preference will be given to students with some Hawaiian ancestry.

Attention Seniors: The Manuel Family Scholarship Fund is awarding several scholarships in the amount of $500 – $1,000 to graduating high school seniors of Kohala High School. Recipient(s) are chosen by a selection panel. All graduating high school seniors planning to enroll full time in any two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning are eligible. The scholarship can be used for educational expenses such as tuition, books, fees, supplies, room and board. The Scholarship Application Form can be obtained from Mr. Bizuneh. The deadline is April 1, 2017.

Attention Seniors: Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will be awarding eight $2,500 scholarships to Big Island graduating seniors with plans to attend 2 or 4 year post secondary school. Post secondary schools include: universities, vocational schools, technical schools, community college all with a minimum two year curriculum. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

Attention Seniors: Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

Juniors: Please pay your $15 for your class shirt to Ms. Tanaka, Jashel or Cheyenne ASAP!! All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Please honor your word!! There are currently 25 names on the list and you will not be allowed to purchase prom tickets without clearing this obligation.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

Love your heart!  Eating healthy doesn’t have to be more work or a lot more money.  Come to our eating healthy and recipe modification workshop and food tasting. You’ll be working with the licensed dietician who passed out free tortilla soup at First Friday this month. Sign up is on the counter in the front office.  This class is FREE and open to students, teachers, staff and parents.  Hope to see you there! Wednesday, March 29th from 5:00-7:00 in the culinary classroom.

The Na’au ‘Oiwi Academy is holding a Food Bank drive as a community service project. Nonperishable food items can be dropped off at the Academy room at any time during this month.

For Students interested in taking Session 3 Driver’s Ed class: There will be a mandatory meeting today during first recess in Mr. Kealoha’s classroom to cover information on some basic requirements regarding admission into the program. The required 1.5 hour Parent/student driver meeting will be held on March 28, Tuesday evening.

Softball hosts Honokaa today @ Kamehameha Park. Game @ 3pm.

It’s Spring Spirit Week Class Competition!!

**Today is Wacky Wednesday!**

Come to school whacky! Miss match your clothes and earn some spirit points, 100%.

**Tomorrow is Throwback Thursday to the 60’s**

Wear tie dyed shirts, sunglasses, love beads, etc. 50% to be counted.

**March 17 ~ Friday: Are you feeling cultural?**

Maybe like a leprechaun? The world is full of adventure, come to school dressed in your ethnicity!  Within Dress Code Please! 50% to be counted.