March 29, 2017

May Day Court, Island Princesses and Princes, Queen and King, there is an urgent practice tomorrow at 7:00 pm. All must be present.

Senior Project Presentations will be held on Tuesday, April 11. There will be a sign-up sheet in the library to reserve presentation times. Reservations are first-come, first-serve, so come quickly to save your spot. Last day to sign up is Friday, March 31.

Attention all Quarterly Bus Riders: Q4 payments are due by March 31 to Aunty Maile in the office. All students must have their Q4 pass to ride on Monday, April 3, 2017. No Bus Pass, No Ride.

The meeting with the Jostens rep to plan the 2018 graduation is today in the Academy room at 8:30. Please excuse the junior class officers to attend.

The following scholarships are available. See Mr. Bizuneh or go online to Ka Leo Na ‘Opio for more details:

The Manuel Family Scholarship Fund in the amount of $500 – $1,000. The deadline is April 1, 2017.

Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will be awarding eight $2,500 scholarships to Big Island graduating seniors with plans to attend 2 or 4-year post secondary school. The application deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

The Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship for students majoring in accounting. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

Get ready, Juniors and Seniors. Prom invitations will go out this week and ticket sales begin next week. Tickets will sell for $70; however, all of your school obligations must be cleared and your signed parent permission form is required to complete your purchase. Students who participate in the Kohala Walk fundraiser with at least the minimum pledges level will receive a discount of $15 on their prom ticket. Pledge forms and money must be turned in before buying your prom ticket; there will NOT be any rebates for tickets previously sold.

The following students have Quarter 4 bus passes ready for pick up: Lilly Lindsey, Kamaile Gusman, and Jonard Asencion.

ATHLETICS

Girls Softball hosts Kamehameha today at Kamehameha Park. Game at 3:00 pm. Please excuse players at 1:15 pm.

Tennis hosts Makua Lani today at Mauna Kea Beach Hotel. Meet starts at 1:00 pm. Please excuse players at 11:30 am