Michael Fundraiser Update + Thank you

Jaycie Lewis, Reporter

We are more than 3 months into the planning and fundraising of my project prior to the big bazaar-like event that I mentioned in my article back in February and we have raised more money than we could’ve hoped for.  With the help of our most generous community, our fundraising has proven to be successful for passive income leading up to the event.  Despite raising a lot of money, it is only a small percentage of what we need to raise in order to fulfill the cost of Michael’s treatment.  

In addition, we have a locked in date and time, and location of the fundraiser.  The Fundraiser will be held at Kohala High School’s gym and field on May 6, 2017 from 10:00am to 4:00pm.  At the fundraiser, we will have a car show, raffles, food trucks, a silent auction, and live music.  We are looking for as much help from both student and adult volunteers as we can get.  We are looking forward to the event and can’t wait to see how successful this will turn out.

Furthermore, I’d like to give a big thank you to Rose Mae Watterson and  Mrs. Pasco, my mentor, for helping me coordinate this whole project.  I’d Like to give a huge thank you to Arakaki Store, CSC, Nakahara Store, Sunshine True-Value Hardware, Kohala Elementary, Kohala Middle & Kohala High Schools for being open to monetary collection containers & especially our caring & generous Kohala community in supporting Michael Bartolome’s fight against Leukemia.