March 31, 2017

All pledge forms and money collected for the Junior Class walk-a-thon fundraiser should be turned in to ONLY Ms. Tanaka. Make sure you get credit for your participation. Students who participate at the minimum level for the walk-a-thon will receive a $15 discount off of their prom ticket price. Turn in your forms and money to Ms. Tanaka before buying your prom ticket.

All Session 3 Driver’s Ed students. There will be a mandatory meeting in Mr. Kealoha’s room during 1st recess regarding the class schedule and calendar.

All Junior officers and advisers: There will be a meeting after school at 2:30 today in the academy room to discuss our fundraising activities.

First Protocol for everyone will be Sun., April 9 at 3:30pm sharp. ALL Kahili Bearers, Spearsmen, Conch Shell Blowers, Ladies is Waiting and extra court members be on time!

Attn. Seniors! Senior Project Presentations will be held on Tues., Apr. 11th. There will be a sign-up sheet in the library to reserve presentation times. Reservations are first-come, first-serve so come quickly to save your spot! Today is the last day to sign up!

Attention all students: Are you interested in learning more about the Air Force from a recent Kohala High School graduate? If so come to Mr. B’s room C-19 during recess today to talk with Kahj Maunu about his experiences in the Air Force over the past few years. He graduated from KHS in 2015 and will be on campus this morning during recess to give out some information on the Air Force and answer any questions you may have.

Attention Seniors: Are you going to college and have some Samoan ancestry? Do you demonstrate academic promise and leadership potential? If so, the Gustave Hannemann Leadership Award or the Faiaso Soliai Hannemann Leadership Award may be for you. The application deadline is April 30th. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

Attention Seniors: Are you going to attend an accredited college or university to pursue a degree in a discipline related to the life sciences including agriculture, agronomy, biology, botany, genetics, horticulture, plant physiology, chemistry, crop science and soil science? If so, the  Monsanto Hawaii Life Sciences Scholarship may be for you. It is offered to high school seniors interested in achieving a life sciences degree. As many as ten (10) scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded this year. The application deadline is May 1st. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

Attention Seniors: Are you going to attend an accredited college or university? Have you spent most of your life on The Big Island with a background in ranching, cattle and or horses? If so, the  “Dutch” Schuman Big Island Paniolo Scholarship Fund Award may be for you. The fund will provide $2,000 per year to assist with tuition. The application deadline is June 1st. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

Attention Seniors: The Manuel Family Scholarship Fund is awarding several scholarships in the amount of $500 – $1,000 to graduating high school seniors of Kohala High School. Recipient(s) are chosen by a selection panel. All graduating high school seniors planning to enroll full time in any two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning are eligible. The scholarship can be used for educational expenses such as tuition, books, fees, supplies, room and board. The Scholarship Application Form can be obtained from Mr. Bizuneh. The deadline is April 1, 2017.

Attention Seniors: Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is today.

Attention Seniors: Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will be awarding eight $2,500 scholarships to Big Island graduating seniors with plans to attend 2 or 4 year post secondary school. Post secondary schools include: universities, vocational schools, technical schools, community college all with a minimum two year curriculum. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

Attention all Quarterly Bus Riders: Q4 payments are due today to Aunty Maile in the office. All students must have their Q4 pass to ride on Monday April 3, 2017. No Bus Pass, No Ride.

The following students have bus passes ready for pick up, you’ll need it in hand on Monday so don’t forget: Jerwin Bemai, Jessa-May Campollo, Jovylyn Campollo, Kamaile Gusman, Lilly Lindsey, Kyrell Mateo and Ian Rivera.

Softball hosts Ka’u today @ Kamehameha Park. Game @ 3pm. Pls. excuse players @ 1:15pm.

Saturday:       Baseball travels to Pahoa. Double Header starts @ 11am. Bus leaves @ 7am.

Tennis hosts St. Joseph @ Mauna Kea Beach Hotel. Match starts @ 10am.

Track & Field travels to Waiakea. Meet starts @ 9am. Bus leaves @ 6am