April 3, 2017

Attention Driver’s Ed Session 3 students: Class will start tomorrow, April 4 from 6 to 8 pm in Mr. Kealoha’s classroom. Your classes will be on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday unless it changes. Please have a notebook and pencil or pen when you come to class.

Prom ticket sales start today. Tickets can only be purchased by juniors and seniors. Parent permission forms are required before purchasing your ticket and all obligations must be cleared, including those who still owe for class shirts. If you are bringing an underclassman to the prom, he or she will also need to turn in a parent permission form. Guests from outside of Kohala High School must be between 14 and 20 years old and provide a copy of his/her ID (school ID or drivers license). Forms and purchases are available from Mrs. Pasco.

All pledge forms and money collected for the Junior Class walk-a-thon fundraiser should be turned in to ONLY Ms. Tanaka. Make sure you get credit for your participation. Students who participate at the minimum level for the walk-a-thon will receive a $15 discount off of their prom ticket price. Turn in your forms and money to Ms. Tanaka before buying your prom ticket.

Attn. all Prom court members: There will be a mtg. during morning recess in the Academy Rm. Pls. be prompt! Last chance for a yearbook court photo.

First Protocol for everyone will be Sun., April 9 at 3:30pm sharp. ALL Kahili Bearers, Spearsmen, Conch Shell Blowers, Ladies is Waiting and extra court members be on time!!

Attention Seniors: The next several announcements are specifically for you.

Are you going to college and have some Samoan ancestry? Do you demonstrate academic promise and leadership potential? If so, the Gustave Hannemann Leadership Award or the Faiaso Soliai Hannemann Leadership Award may be for you. The application deadline is April 30th. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

Are you going to attend an accredited college or university to pursue a degree in a discipline related to the life sciences including agriculture, agronomy, biology, botany, genetics, horticulture, plant physiology, chemistry, crop science and soil science? If so, the Monsanto Hawaii Life Sciences Scholarship may be for you. It is offered to high school seniors interested in achieving a life sciences degree. As many as ten (10) scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded this year. The application deadline is May 1st. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

Are you going to attend an accredited college or university? Have you spent most of your life on The Big Island with a background in ranching, cattle and or horses? If so, the  “Dutch” Schuman Big Island Paniolo Scholarship Fund Award may be for you. The fund will provide $2,000 per year to assist with tuition. The application deadline is June 1st. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will be awarding eight $2,500 scholarships to Big Island graduating seniors with plans to attend 2 or 4 year post secondary school. Post secondary schools include: universities, vocational schools, technical schools, community college all with a minimum two year curriculum. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

The following students have bus passes ready for pick up, you’ll need it in hand on Monday so don’t forget: Jerwin Bemai, Jessa-May Campollo, Jovylyn Campollo, Kamaile Gusman, Lilly Lindsey, Kyrell Mateo and Ian Rivera.