April 4, 2017

Seniors, please turn in your Krispy Kreme fundraiser money to Ms. White in the library during lunch recess.

Attention Terrific Takos! Class of f2017 Commencement Committee meets tomorrow, April 5 at 12:30-1:00pm with Ms. White in Room F30. Advisers welcomed but not requires; other seniors welcomed. If you want to have a say in what’s left of planning Graduation, please come to a meeting. Commencement Committee will also meet Friday, April 7 during lunch recess following the class meeting during Advisory.

Tonights Driver’s Ed class s cancelled due to a schedule conflict. Wendesday will be your firs class from 6:00-8:00pm in Mr. Kealoha’s classroom.

Prom ticket sales continue for juniors and seniors. Parent permission forms are required before purchasing your ticket and all obligations must be cleared, including those who still owe for class shirts. If you are bringing an underclassman to the prom, he or she will also need to turn in a parent permission form. Guests from outside of Kohala High School must be between 14 and 20 years old and provide a copy of his/her ID (school ID or drivers license). Forms and purchases are available from Mrs. Pasco.

All pledge forms and money collected for the Junior Class walk-a-thon fundraiser should be turned in to ONLY Ms. Tanaka. Make sure you get credit for your participation. Students who participate at the minimum level for the walk-a-thon will receive a $15 discount off of their prom ticket price. Turn in your forms and money to Ms. Tanaka before buying your prom ticket.

May Day Practice for Ladies in Waiting is on Tuesdays all this month at 7:00pm. Mondays AND Thursdays for boys and girls at 7:00pm.

Protocol: Full Court practice on Sundays, 3:30-6:30pm (4:30pm on April 30).

Please give Mrs. Hoy a list of your ladies-in-waiting, kahili bearer, etc. for the program by April 8.

Juniors, plan to decorate starting at 8:00am on Sunday, April 30.

First Protocol for everyone will be Sun., April 9 at 3:30pm sharp. ALL Kahili Bearers, Spearsmen, Conch Shell Blowers, Ladies is Waiting and extra court members be on time!!

Attention Seniors: The next several announcements are specifically for you.

Are you going to college and have some Samoan ancestry? Do you demonstrate academic promise and leadership potential? If so, the Gustave Hannemann Leadership Award or the Faiaso Soliai Hannemann Leadership Award may be for you. The application deadline is April 30th. See the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

Are you going to attend an accredited college or university to pursue a degree in a discipline related to the life sciences including agriculture, agronomy, biology, botany, genetics, horticulture, plant physiology, chemistry, crop science and soil science? If so, the Monsanto Hawaii Life Sciences Scholarship may be for you. It is offered to high school seniors interested in achieving a life sciences degree. As many as ten (10) scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded this year. The application deadline is May 1st. See the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

Are you going to attend an accredited college or university? Have you spent most of your life on The Big Island with a background in ranching, cattle and or horses? If so, the  “Dutch” Schuman Big Island Paniolo Scholarship Fund Award may be for you. The fund will provide $2,000 per year to assist with tuition. The application deadline is June 1st. See the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

The following students have bus passes ready for pick up: Jerwin Bemai, Kamaile Gusman, Gayle Lum, Kyrell Mateo and John Nicolas.

Boys Volleyball travels to Pahoa today. Game at 6:00pm. Bus leaves at 2:00pm. Please excuse players at 1:45pm.