April 5, 2017

Spring Football conditioning begins on Mon., April 10 @ 4:30pm. Report down the field. Current physical is required. Spring ball will run through Fri., April 21.

Seniors Participating in graduation: please be sure to bring in the letter request for your Name and height information ASAP to Ms White. Well done Tamatoa! First one to submit his form! Way to go! Terrific Tako!

Attention Terrific Takos! Class of 2017 Commencement Committee meets today, April 5 Wednesday at 12:30-1:00 PM with Ms White in Rm F30. Advisors welcomed but not required; other seniors welcomed. If you want to have a say in what’s left of planning Graduation, please come to a meeting. Commencement Committee will also meet Friday April 7 during Lunch Recess Following class meeting during advisory.

All pledge forms and money collected for the Junior Class walk-a-thon fundraiser should be turned in to ONLY Ms. Tanaka. Make sure you get credit for your participation. Students who participate at the minimum level for the walk-a-thon will receive a $15 discount off of their prom ticket price. Turn in your forms and money to Ms. Tanaka before buying your prom ticket.

May Day Practice for Ladies in Waiting Tuesday 7pm all this month. Mondays AND Thursdays-7pm Boys and Girls

Protocol: Full Court practice Sundays 3;30-6:30 (4:30 4/30)

Please give Mrs.Hoy a list of your lady (s) in waiting, kahili bearer, etc for the program by April 8.

Juniors: Plan to decorate starting at 8am Sunday April 30.

First Protocol for everyone will be Sun., April 9 at 3:30pm sharp. ALL Kahili Bearers, Spearsmen, Conch Shell Blowers, Ladies is Waiting and extra court members be on time!

Attention Seniors: Are you going to college and have some Samoan ancestry? Do you demonstrate academic promise and leadership potential? If so, the Gustave Hannemann Leadership Award or the Faiaso Soliai Hannemann Leadership Award may be for you. The application deadline is April 30th. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information

Attention Seniors: Are you going to attend an accredited college or university to pursue a degree in a discipline related to the life sciences including agriculture, agronomy, biology, botany, genetics, horticulture, plant physiology, chemistry, crop science and soil science? If so, the  Monsanto Hawaii Life Sciences Scholarship may be for you. It is offered to high school seniors interested in achieving a life sciences degree. As many as ten (10) scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded this year. The application deadline is May 1st. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

Attention Seniors: Are you going to attend an accredited college or university? Have you spent most of your life on The Big Island with a background in ranching, cattle and or horses? If so, the  “Dutch” Schuman Big Island Paniolo Scholarship Fund Award may be for you. The fund will provide $2,000 per year to assist with tuition. The application deadline is June 1st. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

The following students have bus passes ready for pick up in the office: Jonard Asencion, Jerwin Bemai, Jessa May Campollo, Kamaile Gusman, Kiana Kauka, Gayle Lum, Kyrell Mateo, John Nicolas and Ian Rivera.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

Congratulations to Kohala Track team members: James A., Angelique K., Kamaile G., Justus V., Christian C., Joseph J., and Oscar K. for setting new personal records at Saturday’s meet. Wish them all GOOD LUCK for the next meet this Saturday!!

It’s First Friday at Kohala High School!! Come and check it out……….this Fri., April 7th!! Anyone or group interested in making some $$$, come and pick up an application at the main office. The last First Friday is scheduled for May 5th. The more participation, the merrier it is!!

Tennis hosts Honoka’a today @ Mauna Kea Beach Hotel. Match @ 1pm. Please excuse players @ 11:30am.