April 7, 2017

Attention students who needs to finish their behind the wheel drive: Please see Mr. Kometani for your driving schedule. Mr. Kealoha will be in class sessions during the next 6 weeks and not driving, except for those he had arranged for.

Spring Football conditioning begins on Mon., April 10 @ 4:30pm. Report down the field. Current physical is required. Spring ball will run through Fri., April 21.

All pledge forms and money collected for the Junior Class walk-a-thon fundraiser should be turned in to ONLY Ms. Tanaka. Make sure you get credit for your participation.

Students who participate at the minimum level for the walk-a-thon will receive a $15 discount off of their prom ticket price. Turn in your forms and money to Ms. Tanaka before buying your prom ticket.

May Day Practice for Ladies in Waiting Tuesday 7pm all this month. Mondays AND Thursdays-7pm Boys and Girls.

Protocol: Full Court practice Sundays 3:30-6:30 (4:30 4/30)

Please give Mrs. Hoy a list of your lady (s) in waiting, kahili bearer, etc for the program by April 8.

Juniors: Plan to decorate starting at 8am Sunday April 30.

First Protocol for everyone will be Sun., April 9 at 3:30pm sharp. ALL Kahili Bearers, Spearsmen, Conch Shell Blowers, Ladies is Waiting and extra court members be on time!!

Here are the announcements regarding scholarship opportunities. For more details, see Mr. Bizuneh or go to the Daily Bulletin section of kaleonaopio.com, your online student newspaper.

Seniors with Samoan ancestry can apply for the Gustave Hannemann Leadership Award or the Faiaso Soliai Hannemann Leadership Award. The application deadline is April 30th.

Seniors planning to pursue a degree in the life sciences fields can apply for the Monsanto Hawaii Life Sciences Scholarship The application deadline is May 1st.

Seniors with a background in ranching, cattle and or horses can apply for the “Dutch” Schuman Big Island Paniolo Scholarship Fund Award. The application deadline is June 1st.

The following students have bus passes ready for pick up in the office: Aukai Aipia, Christianelle Aludino, Jonard Asencion, Jerwin Bemai, Jessa May Campollo, Jovylyn Campollo, Kiana Kauka, Kyrell Mateo and John Nicolas,

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

Teachers & 11th graders: You will be registering for next year’s classes on Monday, April 10 in the library during Mr. Kealoha’s PID classes. If you are not in Mr. Kealoha’s classes, see Mr. Hashimoto ASAP.

It’s First Friday at Kohala High School!! Come and check it out, socialize, dine-in or take home dinner……….today from 4pm to 7pm!! Onolicious foods and baked goods, to die for Kulolo in support of Robotics, refreshing Bubble drinks and STUCO drinks, Big Island Crunch Bar candies in support of Project Grad., original designed greeting cards made by one and only Kealohi Matthey, and senior Steven Medeiros’ haircut service. The last First Friday is scheduled for May 5th. The more participation, the merrier it is!!!

Come by STUCO table and play the healthy dice game and win a free KHS tshirt. Tonight at the First Friday 4-7pm.

The Mauna Kea Resort and Hapuna Prince are looking for runners to support their Charity Walk running team. We are their adopted school so support is GREATLY appreciated. Charity Walk is May 13, sign-up at the Queens Shop Waikoloa Bowl at 5:30am. They currently have 40 runners. They are hoping to recruit interested high school runners or teachers at no cost to you. Human Resources will sponsor their donation and you will receive their Charity Walk shirt. If interested please call Judy at 882-5453 or email me at jitzig-heine@maunakearesort.net. by Thursday, April 21st.

Saturday:       Softball travels to Ka’u. Game @ 1pm. Bus leaves @ 8am

Tennis hosts Keaau @ Mauna Kea Beach Hotel. Match starts @ 10am.

Track travels to HPA. Meet starts @ 9am. Bus leaves @ 7am.