April 10, 2017

Attention students who needs to finish their behind the wheel drive: Please see Mr. Kometani for your driving schedule. Mr. Kealoha will be in class sessions during the next 6 weeks and not driving, except for those he had arranged for.

Spring Football conditioning begins today @ 4:30pm. Report down the field. Current physical is required. Spring ball will run through Fri., April 21.

May Day Practice for Ladies in Waiting Tuesday 7pm all this month. Mondays AND Thursdays-7pm Boys and Girls.

Protocol: Full Court practice Sundays 3:30-6:30 (4:30 4/30)

Please give Mrs. Hoy a list of your lady (s) in waiting, kahili bearer, etc for the program by April 8.

Juniors: Plan to decorate starting at 8am Sunday April 30.

Here are the announcements regarding scholarship opportunities. For more details, see Mr. Bizuneh or go to the Daily Bulletin section of kaleonaopio.com, your online student newspaper.

Seniors with Samoan ancestry can apply for the Gustave Hannemann Leadership Award or the Faiaso Soliai Hannemann Leadership Award. The application deadline is April 30th.

Seniors planning to pursue a degree in the life sciences fields can apply for the Monsanto Hawaii Life Sciences Scholarship The application deadline is May 1st.

Seniors with a background in ranching, cattle and or horses can apply for the “Dutch” Schuman Big Island Paniolo Scholarship Fund Award. The application deadline is June 1st.

The following students have bus passes ready for pick up in the office: Aukai Aipia, Jerwin Bemai, Jessa May Campollo, Jovylyn Campollo, Kiana Kauka, Kyrell Mateo and John Nicolas,

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

11th graders: You will be registering for next year’s classes today April 10th in the library during Mr. Kealoha’s PID classes. If you are not in Mr. Kealoha’s classes, see Mr. Hashimoto ASAP.

9th graders: Registration for next year classes will be during 1st period (Petruzzi), 3rd period (Pasco) and 5th period (Pasco). Ms. Petruzzi’s 7th period will register on Thursday. If you are not in Ms. Petruzzi or Mrs. Pasco’s classes, see Mr. Hashimoto.

The Mauna Kea Resort and Hapuna Prince are looking for runners to support their Charity Walk running team. We are their adopted school so support is GREATLY appreciated. Charity Walk is May 13, sign-up at the Queens Shop Waikoloa Bowl at 5:30am. They currently have 40 runners. They are hoping to recruit interested high school runners or teachers at no cost to you. Human Resources will sponsor their donation and you will receive their Charity Walk shirt. If interested please call Judy at 882-5453 or email me at jitzig-heine@maunakearesort.net. by Thursday, April 21st.