April 25, 2017

Prom seating assignments will continue today at morning recess outside of the Academy room until all ticket purchasers have selected their tables. The tables are rounds of 10.

Attn. Seniors: With just a few more days to graduation, Kohala High School, your teachers, advisors and classmates want to recognize and wish you the best! Congratulations to Jamiel Ventura and Brittany Kuulei Shimono for today, April 25, 2017!!

Any student interested in working as a student teller for the Kohala Student Credit Union should see Ms. Greene or Ms. Kise for an application. This is a real job with real responsibilities for a real paycheck!!

May Day Practice for Ladies in Waiting Tuesday 7pm all this month

Mondays AND Thursdays-7pm Boys and Girls

**Protocol: Full Court practice Sundays 3;30-6:30 (4:30 4/30)

**Juniors: Plan to decorate starting at 8am Sunday April 30.

Attention Seniors: Are you going to attend an accredited college or university? Have you spent most of your life on The Big Island with a background in ranching, cattle and or horses? If so, the  “Dutch” Schuman Big Island Paniolo Scholarship Fund Award may be for you. The fund will provide $2,000 per year to assist with tuition. The application deadline is June 1st. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

Attention Seniors: Are you going to college and have some Samoan ancestry? Do you demonstrate academic promise and leadership potential? If so, the Gustave Hannemann Leadership Award or the Faiaso Soliai Hannemann Leadership Award may be for you. The application deadline is April 30th. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

Attention Seniors: Are you going to attend an accredited college or university to pursue a degree in a discipline related to the life sciences including agriculture, agronomy, biology, botany, genetics, horticulture, plant physiology, chemistry, crop science and soil science? If so, the Monsanto Hawaii Life Sciences Scholarship may be for you. It is offered to high school seniors interested in achieving a life sciences degree. As many as ten (10) scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded this year. The application deadline is May 1st. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

The Junior class have Walk-A-thon shirts available for $15. We have all size available and you can purchase them in Mr. Kealoha’s class. If you buy by check, please make it out to: Kohala High School. The color is white with maroon print and logo. It’s nice and done well.

Kohala High School band and choir students will be performing a spring concert on Wed., April 26th at 6pm in the KHS library. Parents and friends are invited to come support and enjoy the KHS music students! There will be a mini performance on Wed., April 26th during morning recess in the library.

Boys Volleyball Hosts Honokaa tonight for 1st Round of Playoffs. Game @ 6pm.

Prices are as follows:          $5.00 Adults & Students w/o Activity Ticket

$3.00 Students w/Activity Ticket

$2.00 Senior Citizen

$1.00 Students Gr. 1-8

Good Luck Cowboys!!