April 27, 2017

Attn. Seniors:  With just a few more days to graduation, Kohala High School, your teachers, advisors and classmates want to recognize and wish you the best!  Congratulations Ikela Silva-Ledward and Teshna Hart for today, April 27, 2017!
Any student interested in working as a student teller for the Kohala Student Credit Union should see Ms. Greene or Ms. Kise for an application.  This is a real job with real responsibilities for a real paycheck!!
May Day FULL Court members:  Practice tonight at 6:30 and Sunday at 6pm. Please be on time.
Junior class May Day decorators:
Please bring monstera leaves-large and small, Ti Leaves- whole stalk, heleconia, Bird of Paradise, Ferns, Fan Palms, and Banana Stump for Sunday to the gym.
Decorating will start at 8am.
Sophomore class get your crew together for May Day Cleanup Monday Night!
Attention Seniors:  Are you going to attend an accredited college or university? Have you spent most of your life on The Big Island with a background in ranching, cattle and or horses? If so, the  “Dutch” Schuman Big Island Paniolo Scholarship Fund Award may be for you. The fund will provide $2,000 per year to assist with tuition. The application deadline is June 1st. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.
Attention Seniors:  Are you going to college and have some Samoan ancestry? Do you demonstrate academic promise and leadership potential? If so, the Gustave Hannemann Leadership Award or the Faiaso Soliai Hannemann Leadership Award may be for you. The application deadline is April 30th. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.
Attention Seniors:  Are you going to attend an accredited college or university to pursue a degree in a discipline related to the life sciences including agriculture, agronomy, biology, botany, genetics, horticulture, plant physiology, chemistry, crop science and soil science? If so, the Monsanto Hawaii Life Sciences Scholarship may be for you. It is offered to high school seniors interested in achieving a life sciences degree. As many as ten (10) scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded this year. The application deadline is May 1st. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.
TEACHERS & STUDENTS:
Kohala Public Library will have a volunteer on Mon., May 1, from 3pm-5pm outside of the Home Ec. Rm. going down the hallway.  All kinds of FREE books will be available then!!  Go and check them out…………something might interest you.
The Junior class have Walk-A-thon shirts available for $15.  We have all size available and you can purchase them in Mr. Kealoha’s class.  If you buy by check, please make it out to: Kohala High School.  The color is white with maroon print and logo. It’s nice and done well.