April 28, 2017

Jr. class and advisors: Pls. meet in Ms. Tanaka’s class during Advisory today.

Attn. Seniors: With just a few more days to graduation, Kohala High School, your teachers, advisors and classmates want to recognize and wish you the best! Congratulations Tanya Adams, Bradlee Estabilio, and Stylez Alvarez for today, April 28, 2017!!

Any student interested in working as a student teller for the Kohala Student Credit Union should see Ms. Greene or Ms. Kise for an application. This is a real job with real responsibilities for a real paycheck!!

Junior class May Day decorators:

Please bring monstera leaves-large and small, Ti Leaves- whole stalk, heleconia, Bird of Paradise, Ferns, Fan Palms, and Banana Stump for Sunday to the gym.

Decorating will start at 8am.

Sophomore class get your crew together for May Day Cleanup Tuesday Night!

Seniors with Samoan ancestry can apply for the Gustave Hannemann Leadership Award or the Faiaso Soliai Hannemann Leadership Award. The application deadline is April 30th.

Seniors planning to pursue a degree in the life sciences fields can apply for the Monsanto Hawaii Life Sciences Scholarship. The application deadline is May 1st.

Seniors with a background in ranching, cattle and or horses can apply for the “Dutch” Schuman Big Island Paniolo Scholarship Fund Award. The application deadline is June 1st.

For more details on these or any other scholarships, see Mr. Bizuneh or go to the Daily Bulletin section of kaleonaopio.com, your online student newspaper.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

Kohala Public Library will have a volunteer on Mon., May 1, from 3pm-5pm outside of the Home Ec. Rm. going down the hallway. All kinds of FREE books will be available then!! Go and check them out…………something might interest you.

The Junior class has Walk-A-thon shirts available for $15. We have all size available and you can purchase them in Mr. Kealoha’s class. If you buy by check, please make it out to: Kohala High School. The color is white with maroon print and logo. It’s nice and done well.