May 1, 2017

Attention Seniors: With just a few more days to graduation, Kohala High School, your teachers, advisors and classmates want to recognize and wish you the best! Congratulations Chloe Kaluau and Cole Fuertes for today, May 1, 2017!!

Attention Seniors: Are you going to attend an accredited college or university? Have you spent most of your life on The Big Island with a background in ranching, cattle and or horses? If so, the  “Dutch” Schuman Big Island Paniolo Scholarship Fund Award may be for you. The fund will provide $2,000 per year to assist with tuition. The application deadline is June 1st. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

If ranching is not your background and you intent to pursue a degree in a discipline related to the life sciences including agriculture, agronomy, biology, botany, genetics, horticulture, plant physiology, chemistry, crop science and soil science, the Monsanto Hawaii Life Sciences Scholarship may be for you. It is offered to high school seniors interested in achieving a life sciences degree. As many as ten (10) scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded this year. The application deadline is May 1st. TODAY. Go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

Kohala Public Library will have a volunteer today from 3pm-5pm outside of the Home Ec. Rm. going down the hallway. All kinds of FREE books will be available then!! Go and check them out…………something might interest you.

The Junior class have Walk-A-thon shirts available for $15. We have all size available and you can purchase them in Mr. Kealoha’s class. If you buy by check, please make it out to: Kohala High School. The color is white with maroon print and logo. It’s nice and done well.

The Kohala High School Ho’ike for parents and community will be today from 3:00-5:00. Come by the library to learn what types of resources are available in our community to help students, families, and teachers.