May 11, 2017

JUNIORS: Forms for portrait appointments will be passed out tomorrow after the assembly during if you don’t get one they will be available in the office also. You must return the form only by May 19 to Mrs. Hoy. No money is due, the studio will call you, only the photographer’s portrait will be used for the yearbook.

Yearbooks will be distributed only to those who pre purchased on Friday after school from room 34. If you bought online please bring your receipt.

Yearbooks go on sale for $60 exact cash only starting Monday in room 34 during am recess and lunch time, while supply lasts.

Attention Class of 2020: Do you want a class T-shirt? Now is your second chance. Get your order and $20 exact cash payment only to Ms. Petruzzi by tomorrow, May 12, 2017.

Sophomores: Are you interested in a “learn by doing” approach to explore different skills, methods, and practices that contribute to leadership and success? 15 Big Island students that will be juniors next school year will be selected from different communities and types of schools for participation in the Grace Leadership Journey at the Kohala Institute at I’ole. The program consists of a 1 week retreat this summer as well as 1 weekend session per month. Please come see the college and career counselor, Mr Bizuneh, for more information.

Seniors: Remember to give your RSVP and count to Ms White ASAP. Senior Banquet will be May 16 in the Cafeteria at 6:30PM. Dinner & Program.

Attention Senior Advisors & Seniors for this Friday, Song Practice is May12 during Advisory in Mr. Douglas’ Room.

Next Week Song practices: Monday, May 15, Tuesday, May 16, & Thursday, May 18 during  Lunch Recess Ms White’s Room. Wednesday Song Practice Morning Recess.

There is no plan to use Instructional /class time for song practice.

Graduation Commencement Practice will be Friday May 19. Seniors report directly to the Hisaoka Gym at 8:00AM .Advisors will be present to take attendance. We will set up and rehearse. Bring snacks and a lunch. Seniors will stay at the gym as a regular school day until rehearsal, set up and decorating are complete.

Seniors: Do you need more graduation announcements? Hand them out to all your family and friends! If you need more, see Ms White.

Attention Seniors: With just a few more days to graduation, Kohala High School, your teachers, advisors and classmates want to recognize and wish you the best! Congratulations Kal-El Nauka, Zekaria Duque, and Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho for today, May 11, 2017!!

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

The Kohala Complex 21st Century will be hosting the Spring Fest 2017 this Sat., May 13 from 9am to 12noon at the Kohala High & Elementary cafeteria. A showcase and celebration of our programs offered through the 21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant. Along with that, will be a giant waterslide, jumping castle, henna tattoos, food and shave ice!! Everyone is invited!!

The Athletic Awards Assembly will be held in the gym tomorrow during Advisory from 11:05am-11:45am. Pls. report directly to the gym after Pd. 4, as we need to start promptly @ 11:05am.

STUCO speeches will begin on the am bulletin Friday you will need to be in the Academy room by 7:55am, voting will be in advisory on Friday, May 19. Thank you!

It’s count down time……………

Seniors

you got the funky 5 more days of school!!

Underclassmen

you got 11 eager days

Of school!!!

Teachers

You got 12 too-good days

Of school!!!