May 12, 2017

Attention all Student Credit Union members: The SCU will be holding their elections for next year’s SCU board and officers. If you are an SCU member, pls. stop by the Credit Union in Mr. Douglas’ Rm. 35 during lunch recess today to vote!!

JUNIORS: Forms for portrait appointments will be passed out today after the assembly. If you don’t get one they will be available in the office also. You must return the form only by May 19 to Mrs. Hoy. No money is due, the studio will call you; only the photographer’s portrait will be used for the yearbook.

Only pre-purchased yearbooks will be distributed today day after school from room 34. If you bought online please bring your receipt.

Yearbooks go on sale for $60 exact cash only starting on Monday in room 34 during am recess and lunch time, while supply lasts.

Attention Class of 2020: Do you want a class T-shirt? Now is your second chance. Get your order and $20 exact cash payment only to Ms. Petruzzi by today, May 12, 2017.

Attention Sophomores: Are you interested in a “learn by doing” approach to explore different skills, methods, and practices that contribute to leadership and success? 15 Big Island students that will be juniors next school year will be selected from different communities and types of schools for participation in the Grace Leadership Journey at the Kohala Institute at I’ole. The program consists of a 1 week retreat this summer as well as 1 weekend session per month. Please come see the college and career counselor, Mr Bizuneh, for more information.

Attention Seniors: Remember to give your RSVP and count to Ms White ASAP. Senior Banquet will be May 16 in the Cafeteria at 6:30PM. Dinner & Program.

Next  Week Song practices: Monday, May 15, Tuesday, May 16, & Thursday, May 18  Lunch Recess Ms White’s Room. Wednesday Song Practice Morning Recess. There is no plan to use Instructional /class time for song practice. Graduation Commencement Practice will be Friday, May 19. Seniors report directly to the Hisaoka Gym at 8:00AM. Advisors will be present to take attendance. We will set up and rehearse. Bring snacks and a lunch. Seniors will stay at the gym as a regular school day until rehearsal, set up and decorating are complete.

Seniors: Do you need more graduation announcements? Hand them out to all your family and friends ! If you need more, see Ms White.

Attn. Seniors: With just a few more days to graduation, Kohala High School, your teachers, advisors and classmates want to recognize and wish you the best! Congratulations Tamatoa Mamala, and Brenton Jardine for today, May 12, 2017!!

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

The Kohala Complex 21st Century will be hosting the Spring Fest 2017 tomorrow, May 13 from 9am to 12noon at the Kohala High & Elementary cafeteria. A showcase and celebration of our programs offered through the 21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant. Along with that, will be a giant waterslide, jumping castle, henna tattoos, food and shave ice!! Everyone is invited!!

The Athletic Awards Assembly will be held in the gym today during Advisory from 11:05am-11:45am. Please report directly to the gym after Pd. 4, as we need to start promptly @ 11:05am.

It’s count down time……………

Seniors

you got the fantastic 4 more days of school!!

Underclassmen

you got 10 terrific days

Of school!!!

Teachers

You got 11 enormous days

Of school!!!