August 16, 2017

STUDENTS:                                                                                                                       Please remember that Dress Code Rules apply every day!! If you are NOT IN appropriate attire, we have basketball shorts and yellow shirts available for you to wear.

Junior Powderpuff boys: Please meet in Ms. Brown’s Rm. 33 today during brunch recess.

The North Kohala Public Library has an immediate opening for a student helper. Student helpers must be 14 years of age or older. The student selected must be available to work daily after school and up to 30 hours per week during school vacations. Work days are Mondays through Fridays. The work schedule is all year including school vacations. Students are paid $9.25/hour. You may complete an application at the library by Aug. 17. For more information, pls. call the library at 889-6655.

Attention Bus Riders: A bus application must be completed in advance for all students who wish to ride the bus. Applications are available at the office. Bus payments for the start of the school year are due by Thursday, August 17, 2017. Drivers will be checking bus passes and their rosters on Monday, August 21, 2017. Students who have NOT paid will NOT have a valid bus pass, will NOT be listed on the roster, and will be DENIED boarding according to the bus pass procedures. No Bus Pass, No Ride. Any questions see Aunty Maile in the office.

Bus passes and Bus coupons are ready to be picked up for the following students at the front office:

Aukai Aipia, Treyson Altura-Cazimero, Rayden Baldos, Ashton Bolosan, Mya Bartsch, Jovy Campollo, Nicole Castillo, Zhane Elazar-Ching, Zachary Evangelista, Kara Fernandez, Mya Finau, Jacob & Jasmine Hook, Joseph Jiminez, Pili Kaai, Mikayla Kekoa, Dexter Lamigo, MJ Macaspac, Kyrell Mateo, Zoe Meikle, John Nicolas, Chayden Osaki, Kane & Keanu Pahio, Hunter Perez, Zaline Perez-Rivera and Sierra Shaw.

If you signed up for a locker, please be sure to put your lock on your locker by the end of the school day on Thursday August 17. Lockers that do not have a lock on them by Thursday will be sealed for the year.

Homecoming nominations continue today in the office.  Students may only be nominated for the grade that they are currently registered for.  Please see the bulletin board in the hallway for the rules.

Attention : Driver ed students who need to finish their BTW (Behind the wheel), see Mr. Kealoha or Mr. Kometani for scheduling. I will be starting a new class on th 2nd week of September. Mahalo Mr. Kealoha.

If you are 15 ½ yrs old and have a state of Hawaii Drivers Permit, a mandatory meeting is scheduled in Mr. Kealoha’s Rm. 18 during 1st recess on Tues., Aug. 29. Pls. bring your permit to the meeting

Any students who want to join X-Country must see Ms. Nietfeld or Aunty Jade THIS WEEK. Rosters will be finalized by Friday (Aug 18). Practice is at 3:30. Meet in Room 19. Just bring tennis shoes and a water bottle. You MUST have a current physical to participate. Running is the name, sweating is the game, having fun is our aim.

The Parking lot & Bus Stop is OFF LIMITS during school.

STUDENTS & TEACHERS:

Due to the construction in front of Bldg. C, everyone must detour around to Bldg. S Rm. 34 & 35 and in front of Bldg. D Rm. 27 through 24 to get to the upper campus. Both Bldg. C & D boys and girls gang restrooms will be open for your convenience. Thank you for your prompt cooperation.

Teachers, Staff & Students: Pls. be aware that the “farm area” is OFF LIMITS to students before school, after school, and morning/lunch recesses. With the ongoing construction, we’d like to minimize the foot traffic in the area. AND, it is a part of our school rulesJ. Thank you!