August 17, 2017

Please remember dress code rules apply every day! If you are NOT in appropriate attire, we have basketball shorts and yellow shirts available for you to wear.

Attention anyone interested in our afterschool robotics program: Kohala Kowbotics will meet twice weekly on Wednesday and Thursday evenings 6:30-8:30PM. Our platform for this season is VEX! Check out robotevents.com or VEXRobotics.com for an idea of what is involved. Kohala High has had teams qualify, compete and win awards at the World Championship level for the last 10 yrs. If you want to join, add your name and contact info to the list on the CLIPBOARD in Ms White’s mailbox in the school office. We will begin with new members on Wednesday August 23.

The North Kohala Public Library has an immediate opening for a student helper. Student helpers must be 14 years of age or older. The student selected must be available to work daily after school and up to 30 hours per week during school vacations. Work days are Mondays through Fridays. The work schedule is all year including school vacations. Students are paid $9.25/hour. You may complete an application at the library by today. For more information, pls. call the library at 889-6655.

Attention Bus Riders: A bus application must be completed in advance for all students who wish to ride the bus. Applications are available at the office. Bus payments for the start of the school year are due by Thursday, August 17, 2017. Drivers will be checking bus passes and their rosters on Monday, August 21, 2017. Students who have NOT paid, therefore they will NOT have a valid bus pass and will NOT be listed on the roster will be DENIED boarding according to the bus pass procedures. No Bus Pass, No Ride. Any questions see Aunty Maile in the office.

Bus passes and Bus coupons are ready to be picked up for the following students at the front office:

Aukai Aipia, Treyson Altura-Cazimero, Rayden Baldos, NIcole Castillo, Zhane Ellazar-Ching, Kalia Emeliano, Zachary Evangelista, Kara Fernandez, Kaya Galan, Jacob Hook, Joseph Jimenez, Pili Kaai, Kyrell Mateo, Zoe Meikle, John Nicolas, Kane & Keanu Pahio, Hunter & Trevor Perez, and Mark Sahagun.

If you signed up for a locker, please be sure to put your lock on your locker by the end of the school today. Lockers that do not have a lock on them will be sealed for the year.

Homecoming nominations end today in the office.  Students may only be nominated for the grade that they are currently registered for.  Please see the bulletin board in the hallway for the rules.

Attention : Driver ed students who need to finish their BTW (Behind the wheel), see Mr. Kealoha or Mr. Kometani for scheduling. I will be starting a new class on th 2nd week of September. Mahalo.

If you are 15 ½ yrs old and have a state of Hawaii Drivers Permit, a mandatory mtg. is scheduled in Mr. Kealoha’s Rm. 18 during 1st recess on Tues., Aug. 29. Pls. bring your permit to the mtg.

Any students who want to join X-Country must see Ms. Nietfeld or Aunty Jade today. Rosters will be finalized by tomorrow (Aug 18). Practice is at 3:30. Meet in Room 19. Just bring tennis shoes and a water bottle. You MUST have a current physical to participate. Running is the name, sweating is the game, having fun is our aim.

The parking lost and bus stop are off limits during school.

STUDENTS & TEACHERS:

Due to the construction in front of Bldg. C, everyone must detour around to Bldg. S Rm. 34 & 35 and in front of Bldg. D Rm. 27 through 24 to get to the upper campus. Both Bldg. C & D boys and girls gang restrooms will be open for your convenience. Thank you for your prompt cooperation.

Teachers, Staff & Students: Pls. be aware that the “farm area” is OFF LIMITS to students before school, after school, and morning/lunch recesses. With the ongoing construction, we’d like to minimize the foot traffic in the area. AND, it is a part of our school rulesJ. Thank you!

Saturday:  Football hosts Molokai. Game @ 10am.

Girls Volleyball travels to St. Joseph. Game @ 10am. Bus leaves 7am.

LUNCH:

Say “Cheese Pizza”

Caesar Salad

Carrot Sticks

Fresh Fruits

Milk