September 19, 2017

Students have until this Friday to register vehicles. Those who do not register with Aunty Julie will not be able to park on campus starting on Monday.

The shirt company ordered 15 prints extra!! That means that 15 freshmen can still get a 2021 pueo shirt, if you bring your money to Miss Greene by tomorrow!!

Yearbooks! Yearbooks! Yearbooks! Want to be able to look back at this year and see all the memories that were made? Preorder yearbooks NOW while the presale continues! Basic for $45.00 and Deluxe with your name printed on the cover for $50.00. Check out the poster in the hallway and bring your cash or check to room 34, Mrs. Hoy’s room, morning or lunch recess!

Junior Powder puff practice every Monday, Wednesday & Friday during morning and lunch recesses. Come learn some moves!!

September is Suicide Prevention Awareness month. Each year, more than 41,000 individuals die by suicide, leaving behind their friends and family members to navigate the tragedy of loss. Join STUCO today during lunch recess outside of Mr. Peterson’s room for an activity in recognition and support of Suicide Prevention and Awareness.

Want to be able to wear your hat to school and in class without the teacher telling you to take it off? On Oct. 5 you can!! Donate $1 to the Heavenly Hats Foundation between Sept. 22 and Oct. 4 during first recess and receive a pass that will allow you to wear your favorite hat in class on Oct. 5. The Heavenly Hats Foundation donates hats to cancer patients across the US, so help support a good cause while you wear that hat. See Ms. Ubilas or the hallway bulletin board for more info.

Interested in earning some community service hours and having fun at the same time? Sign up to help man an aid station at Lapakahi during the Ironman Triathalon on Sat., Oct. 14. T-shirts, lunch and drinks will be provided. Sign up in the office by Wed., Sept. 27.

Congratulations to those students who were nominated for this year’s Winter Ball Court. The list is posted on the hallway bulletin board. There is a mandatory meeting today during first recess in Ms. Ubilas’ room to go over voting requirements. Please be prompt.

Students interested in helping to plan this year’s Winter Ball, there is a committee meeting on Thursday during first recess in Ms. Ubilas’ room.

Attention Homecoming Court: there is a mandatory meeting tomorrow during brunch recess in Ms. Ubilas’ room. Please be prompt.

Pls. continue to turn in your Federal Impact Aid Survey Forms to the office. If you have not given it to your parent yet, pls. do so immediately!!! Parent phone calls will soon be made to those of you who did not turn them in. Thank you very much for those who already did!!

The following students have missing packet forms. If you need another form, ask someone in the office.

Receipt Packet:                  Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Zekaria Duque, Kamaalea Emeliano-Solomon, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Kawika Paio-Bratt, Shiloh Perez, Reyanna Savedra and Wesley Van Housen.

Emergency Card: Haedyn Ayin, Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Zekaria Duque, Kamaalea Emeliano-Solomon, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Kawika Paio-Bratt, Shiloh Perez and Wesley Van Housen.

School Parent Compact Form: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Zekaria Duque, Moses Emeliano, Kamaalea Emeliano-Solomon, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Kawika Paio-Bratt, Shiloh Perez and Wesley Van Housen.

Media Release Form: Haedyn Ayin, Krisha Baustista, Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Mitchell Canniff, Zekaria Duque, Kamaalea Emeliano-Solomon, John Hageraats, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Kawika Paio-Bratt, Kamani Provencal, Shiloh Perez and Kamani Provencal.

Technology: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Zekaria Duque, Kamaalea Emeliano-Solomon, Roy Francisco, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Kawika Paio-Bratt, Shiloh Perez, Nathan Romero and Gabby Yamura.

Emergency Release: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Zekaria Duque, Kamaalea Emeliano-Solomon, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Kawika Paio-Bratt, Shiloh Perez, Will Touchet and Benjamin Vakauta.

McKinney Vento Questionnaire: Aukai Aipia, Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Zekaria Duque, Kamaalea Emeliano-Solomon, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Kelsey Kapeliela, Damian Maria, Bryce Motomatsu, Kawika Paio-Bratt and Shiloh Perez.

Cell Phone Policy: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Zekaria Duque, Johnnette Emeliano, Kaihawanawana & Kamaalea Emeliano-Solomon, JSean Giron, John Hageraats, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Kelsey Kapeliela, MJ Macaspac, Joselyn Medeiros, Kawika Paio-Bratt, Shiloh Perez, Gideon Rabang, Allysa Star-Boyle, Logan Thornton and Will Touchet.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

Reminder:   Scheduled POWER OUTAGE FOR NORTH KOHALA on Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 8:00pm, to Friday, September 22, 2017 at 6:00am. The outage is necessary to allow HELCO to perform maintenance and upgrade equipment to improve system reliability. The affected communities are: Hawi, Kapaau, Halaula and customers along the Kohala Mountain Road between mile marker 6 and mile marker 9. HELCO advises affected customers to unplug sensitive equipment prior to the outage and to keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed.

There will be a Leo’s Club mtg. in the library on Thurs., Sept. 21 to plan our Adopt-a-Highway Clean up date and Ironman Triathalon. We are also recruiting new members who are interested in joining the club.

Girls Volleyball travels to Hilo High today. Game @ 6pm. Bus leaves @ 3:30pm.