October 5, 2017

Reminder to those registered for the SAT test….it is this Saturday, Oct 7. Report at 7:45 to the Library. You must have your ADMISSION TICKET and PHOTO ID to be admitted. Bring a calculator, #2 pencils and snacks for breaks. NO CELL PHONES allowed. Get GOOD SLEEP! Any questions, see Ms. Nietfeld. 

Juniors and Seniors… Interested in attending a college in your future? The College and Career Fair will be having 70-80 college admissions representatives on site at the Mauna Lani Hotel on Friday, October 27. Sign up, get your permission form completed and your college research done now… only 48 students will be allowed to attend due to bus capacity. See Ms. Nietfeld for the forms.

Juniors and Seniors considering the military career or an ROTC scholarship? You will need to take the ASVAB test.  The ASVAB Test date has been set for Wednesday, November 8. It is scheduled for 9:30-12:30. You will need to “check in” at the end of period 2. It is free. Sign up in the Counselor’s office and pick up Permission Form.

SENIORS… did you know that you could get accepted to UH-Hilo “on the spot”? Yes… a admissions representative from UH-Hilo will be at Kohala High school on Friday, October 20 during period 2 and 4. Sign up for a time to interview and meet with the representative in the counselor’s office. If you are planning to apply to UH-Hilo and want immediate results, 1) Complete the UH-Hilo paper application, 2) get a copy of your official transcript and SAT or ACT scores and 3) have application payment ($50) or application fee waiver (FREE) ready. YOU WILL GET IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK and satisfy part of your PTP requirement!!! See Ms. Nietfeld or Ms. Hedlund for application and details.

Makeups for Picture taking will be on Friday, October 20 in the Library. Forms are available in the office. Seniors come to room 34 (Mrs. Hoy) to make your appointment time that morning when underclassmen are complete.

Yearbooks! Yearbooks! Yearbooks! Want to be able to look back at this year and see all the memories that were made? Preorder yearbooks NOW while the presale continues! Basic for $45.00 and Deluxe with your name printed on the cover for $50.00. Check out the poster in the hallway and bring your cash or check to Mrs. Hoy’s Rm. 34 during morning or lunch recess!

All Drivers Ed students who have completed both the Drivers Ed classroom and Behind-the-wheel drives, and received their notarized certificates after September 9, you will not be able to make appointments for your road test with a DMV instructor until after October 6. If you did receive your certificates and it’s been notarized before Sept. 9, you can make an appointment with the DMV instructor at anytime. If anyone has questions regarding the scheduling of meeting or making an appointment for your road test, pls. see Mr. Kealoha.

All Federal Survey Forms should be turned in today!! Thank you very much for those who took the responsibility to follow instructions and have them turned in.

The Student Credit Union is now accepting applications for 3 new student teller positions. This is a PAID job! If you are interested, pls. see Ms. Kise in Rm. 35 for an application.

Quarter War is here. Be sure to drop some quarters in your class jar in the office to earn points for your class and pennies, dimes and nickels in another class jar to deduct points from them. The class with the most money collected at the end of October will receive an additional 100 points. All funds will be used to purchase items for Kohala Hospital.

There is a Winterball Committee mtg today during first recess in Ms. Ubilas’ room. Any student still interested in being on the committee are welcome to attend.

October is breast cancer awareness month.  About 1 in every 8 women in the United States will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.  To show your support to those who have fought against and are currently fighting against breast cancer, wear pink to school every Wednesday this month.  Spirit points will also be awarded to each class for those who come to school dressed in pink.

The following students have bus passes ready to pick up in the office: Jessa May Campollo, Grant Dewitt, Moses Emeliano, Marc & Roy Francisco, and Jarom Hook.

The following students have missing packet forms. If you need another form, ask someone in the office.

Receipt Packet: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Shiloh Perez, Reyanna Savedra and Wesley Van Housen.

Emergency Card: Haedyn Ayin, Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Shiloh Perez and Wesley Van Housen.

School Parent Compact Form: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Shiloh Perez and Wesley Van Housen.

Media Release Form: Haedyn Ayin, Krisha Baustista, Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Mitchell Canniff, John Hageraats, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel and Shiloh Perez.

Technology: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Shiloh Perez and Nathan Romero.

Emergency Release: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel and Shiloh Perez.

McKinney Vento Questionnaire: Aukai Aipia, Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Damian Maria and Shiloh Perez.

Cell Phone Policy: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Johnnette Emeliano, Kaihawanawana Emeliano-Solomon, JSean Giron, John Hageraats, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, MJ Macaspac, Joselyn Medeiros, Shiloh Perez, Gideon Rabang, Allysa Star-Boyle and Logan Thornton.

Saturday:            Football travels to Ka’u. Game @ 1pm. Bus leaves @ 7:30am.

Cross Country travels to Keaau. Meet starts @ 2pm.

Tues., 10/10:            Girls Volleyball hosts Ka’u @ Kamehameha Park Gym. Game @ 6:30pm.

Fri., 10/13:            Football travels to play Pahoa @ Keaau HS. Game @ 6pm. Bus leaves @ 1pm.