October 16, 2017

All girls interested in playing basketball there is a sign up in the main office. Just a friendly reminder that current physicals are required to participate. We anticipate starting on Mon., Oct. 30.

Driver’s Ed students who need to finish their BTW, please see Mr. Kometani for scheduling. Thank you.

Juniors and Seniors considering the military career or an ROTC scholarship? You will need to take the ASVAB test.  The ASVAB Test date has been set for Wednesday, November 8. It is scheduled for 9:30-12:30. You will need to “check in” at the end of period 2. It is free. Sign up in the Counselor’s office and pick up Permission Form. 

SENIORS… did you know that you could get accepted to UH-Hilo “on the spot”? Yes… a admissions representative from UH-Hilo will be at Kohala High school on Friday, October 20 during period 2 and 4. Sign up for a time to interview and meet with the representative in the counselor’s office. If you are planning to apply to UH-Hilo and want immediate results, 1) Complete the UH-Hilo paper application, 2) get a copy of your official transcript and SAT or ACT scores and 3) have application payment ($50) or application fee waiver (FREE) ready. YOU WILL GET IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK and satisfy part of your PTP requirement!!! See Ms. Nietfeld or Ms. Hedlund for application and details.

Makeups for Picture taking will be on October 20 Friday in the Library. Forms are available in the office. Seniors come to room 34 (Mrs. Hoy) to make your appt time that morning when underclassmen are complete.

Quarter War is here. Be sure to drop some quarters in your class jar in the office to earn points for your class and pennies, dimes and nickels in another class jar to deduct points from them. The class with the most money collected at the end of October will receive an additional 100 points. All funds will be used to purchase items for Kohala Hospital.

October is breast cancer awareness month.  About 1 in every 8 women in the United States will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.  To show your support to those who have fought against and are currently fighting against breast cancer, wear pink to school every Wednesday this month.  Spirit points will also be awarded to each class for those who come to school dressed in pink.                                    T. Ubilas

Attention Bus Riders: All riders who are on the Quarterly Payment Plan must purchase their new quarterly bus pass by Friday, October 20th if they wish to continue riding the bus. Effective Monday, October 23rd drivers will be checking for passes. Please make sure you have your bus pass. No Bus Pass, No Ride.

The following students have bus passes ready to pick up in the office: Elijah Antonio, Jessa May Campollo, Grant Dewitt, Moses Emeliano, Marc & Roy Francisco, and Jarom Hook.

The following students have missing packet forms. If you need another form, ask someone in the office.

Receipt Packet: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Reyanna Savedra and Wesley Van Housen.

Emergency Card: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel and Wesley Van Housen.

School Parent Compact Form: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel and Wesley Van Housen.

Media Release Form: Krisha Baustista, Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, John Hageraats and Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel

Technology: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho and Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel

Emergency Release: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho and Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel

McKinney Vento Questionnaire: Aukai Aipia, Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho and Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel

Cell Phone Policy: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Johnnette Emeliano, Kaihawanawana Emeliano-Solomon, John Hageraats, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Joselyn Medeiros, Gideon Rabang, Allysa Star-Boyle and Logan Thornton.

Girls volleyball hosts 1st round playoffs tonight at 6:30pm @ Hisaoka Gym.