October 17, 2017

All Football players pls. turn in your equipment and jerseys to the Equipment Rm. today and tomorrow at 4pm. Anything not turned in will be written up as an outstanding obligation.

All girls interested in playing basketball there is a sign up in the main office. Just a friendly reminder that current physicals are required to participate. We anticipate starting on Mon., Oct. 30.

Driver’s Ed students who need to finish their BTW, please see Mr. Kometani for scheduling. Thank you.

Juniors and Seniors… don’t forget we have 2 college presentations this TUESDAY, Oct 17. Oregon State will be here during period 1 and Chaminade University of Hawaii will be here during period 7. Both presentations are in room 19. Get your permission form signed. See Ms. Nietfeld if you have any questions!

Juniors and Seniors: Interested in taking a college class in high school and earning BOTH high school and college credit AT THE SAME TIME? Do you have a 3.0 GPA? Well, we are offering Astronomy 110, Hawaiian Language 100, Sociology 100 and IS 101 starting 2nd Semester. See Ms. Nietfeld ASAP for more information. All registration MUST be completed by November 1.

Students age 16 or older, Interested in working at Mauna Lani over the Christmas break (Dec 22 to Jan 7). Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows is beginning their hiring of Bussers, Host/ess, Beach and Pool Attendants, Fitness Attendants, Food Runners, Kitchen Help and Cooks. Training is on the job and uniforms are provided. You must have reliable transportation and be flexible with work hours. See Ms. Nietfeld for more information.

Juniors and Seniors considering the military career or an ROTC scholarship? You will need to take the ASVAB test.  The ASVAB Test date has been set for Wednesday, November 8. It is scheduled for 9:30-12:30. You will need to “check in” at the end of period 2. It is free. Sign up in the Counselor’s office and pick up Permission Form.

SENIORS… did you know that you could get accepted to UH-Hilo “on the spot”? Yes… a admissions representative from UH-Hilo will be at Kohala High school on Friday, October 20 during period 2 and 4. Sign up for a time to interview and meet with the representative in the counselor’s office. If you are planning to apply to UH-Hilo and want immediate results, 1) Complete the UH-Hilo paper application, 2) get a copy of your official transcript and SAT or ACT scores and 3) have application payment ($50) or application fee waiver (FREE) ready. YOU WILL GET IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK and satisfy part of your PTP requirement!!! See Ms. Nietfeld or Ms. Hedlund for application and details.

Makeups for Picture taking will be on October 20 Friday in the Library. Forms are available in the office. Seniors come to room 34 (Mrs. Hoy) to make your appt time that morning when underclassmen are complete.

Quarter War is here. Be sure to drop some quarters in your class jar in the office to earn points for your class and pennies, dimes and nickels in another class jar to deduct points from them. The class with the most money collected at the end of October will receive an additional 100 points. All funds will be used to purchase items for Kohala Hospital.

October is breast cancer awareness month.  About 1 in every 8 women in the United States will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.  To show your support to those who have fought against and are currently fighting against breast cancer, wear pink to school every Wednesday this month.  Spirit points will also be awarded to each class for those who come to school dressed in pink.                                    T. Ubilas

Attention Bus Riders: All riders who are on the Quarterly Payment Plan must purchase their new quarterly bus pass by Friday, October 20th if they wish to continue riding the bus. Effective Monday, October 23rd drivers will be checking for passes. Please make sure you have your bus pass. No Bus Pass, No Ride.

The following students have bus passes ready to pick up in the office: Elijah Antonio, Brennan and Jonard Asencion, Deighton Bell, Jessa May Campollo, Grant Dewitt, Moses Emeliano, Marc & Roy Francisco, and Jarom Hook.

The following students have missing packet forms. If you need another form, ask someone in the office.

Receipt Packet: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Reyanna Savedra and Wesley Van Housen.

Emergency Card: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel and Wesley Van Housen.

School Parent Compact Form: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel and Wesley Van Housen.

Media Release Form: Krisha Baustista, Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho and Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel

Technology: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho and Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel

Emergency Release: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho and Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel

McKinney Vento Questionnaire: Aukai Aipia, Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho and Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel

Cell Phone Policy: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Johnnette Emeliano, Kaimana Kamaile-Isabel, Gideon Rabang, Allysa Star-Boyle and Logan Thornton.

STUDENTS AND TEACHERS:

Attention: All Leo club members and advisors. We will be having a club meeting on Thursday, 10/26, during lunch recess in the library. Food and drinks will be provided during the meeting. Meeting will start 5 minutes after the bell. Please be on time.

The Leo’s club will be doing it’s annual, “Adopt-A-Highway” clean up between mile markers 12 – 15, on Saturday, October 28 from 8 am to 10:30 am. We will have shirts provided for all new and returning members. Soft drinks and snacks will be provided as well.

Girls Volleyball travels to Konawaena. Game @ 6pm. Bus leaves @ 2:30pm. Pls. excuse varsity players @ 2:15pm.