Christmas Craft Fair Welcomes in Holiday Season

Andrew Trump, Assistant Editor

Just two days after Thanksgiving, Kohala High held their second annual Christmas Craft Fair at the KHS cafeteria. The Craft Fair had over 20 vendors selling food, crafts, clothing, books, jewelry, and many other things with the theme of the holiday season. The fair had a steady crowd from the hour it opened at 9 until it closed at 10.

The day was filled with entertainment and fun for everyone. The morning started off with great performances from Kohala High students Andi Amar, Daryl Diaz, Jordelle Antonio, Carley Arraujo, Kira Ledward, and Deja Ramos. Their singing was a real hit for all the people attending the fair and also was a great opportunity for the students to showcase their talents. Junior Deja Ramos said, “It was really fun and I thought everyone sung very well!” From the late morning until the end of the fair former Kohala student Brian Payapaya sung local music while playing guitar.

Kohala High clubs also took the opportunity to have their own booths at this year’s fair. The Leo Club held a silent auction with items like seafood buffets, golf rounds, and tours to help raise money for their on-going food drive. The journalism and yearbook classes joined together to sell drinks, baked goods, crafts, and clothing at their booth. Also student counsel(STUCO) was selling water, chili, and hot dogs. Throughout the day you could spot Kohala High students and teachers either helping or hanging out at the craft fair. Business/Culinary teacher Mrs. Cassinelli stated with excitement “I came down early all the way from Waikiloa to buy a wreath and I got a beautiful one.”

The  craft fair helps raise money for different areas of the school. Each vendor pays a fee to have their booth at the fair which go to help support Kohala High student counsel, speech club, and robotics. These clubs helped vendors carry in and take out their supplies in addition to doing other thing to help run the craft fair. The chair of the fair was Theresa Marquez and she was helped by Ms. Fern White and Cheryl Cabrera.  Everyone’s help made this fair a great one and on behalf of the school we would like to say thank you to all those who supported.