October 20, 2017

The Culinary Resource group will be selling spam musubis for $1.50 afterschool today. Pre-orders are welcomed.

Girls basketball sign ups will remain in the office today. Conditioning will begin on Mon., Oct. 23 at 4pm. Pls. meet in the front of the Kamehameha park gym with your shoes, jacket and water bottle. Reminder that current physicals are required to participate. Try-outs will be held from Wed., Nov. 1 to Fri., Nov. 3. Again, current physicals are required to participate in conditioning and tryouts.

Driver’s Ed students who need to finish their BTW, pls. see Mr. Kometani for scheduling. Thank you.

Planning on attending the College and Career Fair at Mauna Lani? Return your forms to Ms. Nietfeld before the bus fills up with the first 48 students to return their form!

Juniors and Seniors: Interested in taking a college class in high school and earning BOTH high school and college credit AT THE SAME TIME? Do you have a 3.0 GPA? Well, we are offering Astronomy 110, Hawaiian Language 100, Sociology 100 and IS 101 starting 2nd Semester. See Ms. Nietfeld ASAP for more information. All registration MUST be completed by November 1.

Students age 16 or older, Interested in working at Mauna Lani over the Christmas break (Dec 22 to Jan 7). Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows is beginning their hiring of Bussers, Host/ess, Beach and Pool Attendants, Fitness Attendants, Food Runners, Kitchen Help and Cooks. Training is on the job and uniforms are provided. You must have reliable transportation and be flexible with work hours. See Ms. Nietfeld for more information.

Quarter War is here. Be sure to drop some quarters in your class jar in the office to earn points for your class and pennies, dimes and nickels in another class jar to deduct points from them. The class with the most money collected at the end of October will receive an additional 100 points. All funds will be used to purchase items for Kohala Hospital.

Attention Bus Riders: All riders who are on the Quarterly Payment Plan must purchase their new quarterly bus pass today, if they wish to continue riding the bus. Effective Monday, October 23rd drivers will be checking for passes. Please make sure you have your bus pass. No Bus Pass, No Ride.

The following students have bus passes ready to pick up in the office: Elijah Antonio, Jonard & Brennan Asencion, Jordan Ayoso, Deighton Bell, Moses Emeliano, Kara Fernandez, Marc Francisco and Lilly Lindsey.

The following students have missing packet forms. If you need another form, ask someone in the office.

Receipt Packet:                  Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Reyanna Savedra and Wesley Van Housen.

Emergency Card: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, and Wesley Van Housen.

School Parent Compact Form: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho and Wesley Van Housen.

Media Release Form: Krisha Baustista and Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho

Technology: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho

Emergency Release: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho

McKinney Vento Questionnaire: Aukai Aipia and Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho

Cell Phone Policy: Nainoa Canionero-Carvalho, Johnnette Emeliano, Gideon Rabang, Allysa Star-Boyle and Logan Thornton.

STUDENTS AND TEACHERS:

Make up picture taking is today during Pd. 2 in the library. If your teacher will not release you, get to the library during recess. Seniors will begin at 9:55am.

The following students have not had their picture taken yet and if they want an ID card or a picture package they need to get a form from the office for Friday and report to the Library at 8:15-9:25, or recess: Arwen Hasegawa, Kaleb Kishimoto, Wesley Van Housen, Ocean Van Zandt, Kyle Weyrick, Colby Worley-Boles, Lance Yamamoto, Rayden Baldos, Deighton Bell, Laila Caravalho, Zyan Caravalho, Kaihawanawana Emeliano-Solomon, Zachary Evangelista, Wendell Fernandez, Daniel Verdadero.

Seniors need to report at time listed and have $10 to have portrait taken for yearbook:

Caylah Carvalho 9:55am

Kaid Nickl- 10:05am

Daniel O’Donnell- 10:10am

Mashayla Gusman- 10:15am

Keoni Tavares-Matsuda-10:20am

Ireland Ward- 10:25am

Easton Chong- 10:30am

Aukai Aipia- 10:45am

Faculty and staff you are welcome to have your phototaken for this year’s yearbook please you’re your picture taken during recess.

Pls. welcome our new BISAC Counselor, Ms. Moani Silva to campus. Ms. Silva will be working in Bldg. D BISAC office. She plans to be on campus 2-3 days every week. Ms. Silva is available to any student needing BISAC services. Pls. give her a warm welcome when you see her!!

Big Island Substance Abuse Counseling (BISAC) provides services for prevention, intervention, and outreach in substance abuse education and counseling. Their school-based services include individual counseling, group counseling, healthy lifestyle experiences, and vocational training/career development. If you are in need of these services or know someone who may be in need, pls. see your BISAC Counselor, Ms. Silva.

Attention: All Leo club members and advisors. We will be having a club meeting on Thursday, 10/26, during lunch recess in the library. Food and drinks will be provided during the meeting. Meeting will start 5 minutes after the bell. Please be on time.

The Leo’s club will be doing it’s annual, “Adopt-A-Highway” clean up between mile markers 12 – 15, on Saturday, October 28 from 8 am to 10:30 am. We will have shirts provided for all new and returning members. Soft drinks and snacks will be provided as well.

Saturday:            Cross Country travels to Kamehameha for BIIF Championships. Meet starts @ 9am.