November 21, 2017

The following students have bus passes ready to pick up in the office: Marc Francisco and Kyrel Mateo.

Boys Basketball tryouts continue today at Kamehameha Park gym at 8pm. Tryouts are mandatory.

Seniors, please remember to complete and turn in your Josten’s order forms for Graduation.  If you are turning them in to Ms. Ubilas, she must receive them by 2:30PM today.  Orders done online must be submitted no later than December 10th.  See Ms. Ubilas if you have any questions.

Interested in going to Winter Ball?  Ticket sales continue today in Ms. Ubilas’ room during lunch recess only (brunch recess on Wednesdays). Permission forms are available in the office and tickets are $45 until November 22 then increase to $50 from Nov. 27 to Dec. 1 and $55 from Dec. 4 to Dec. 8.  Students must not have any current outstanding obligations or lunch loans in order to attend Winter Ball.  If you would like to bring an outside guest to Winter Ball, please pick up a pink permission form in the office.  If you have any questions, please see Ms. Ubilas.

Juniors and Seniors: Hawai’i Island National Parks are offering high school Juniors and Seniors an opportunity to learn about careers in conservation and join a paid training program with the National Park Service. It will be held one day per week for 8 weeks from Feb to April 2018 at a school in Kona. Participants who are successful in the training are invited for several summer employment opportunities at the National Parks of West Hawaii island. Get more information from Ms. Nietfeld in the Counseling office.

SENIORS: Would you like to attend UH @ MANOA but not sure if you will be admitted? You have a great chance with the College Opportunities Program (COP): The COP program provides alternative pathway for the individuals who desire to attend the UH-Manoa but who do not possess the minimum requirements for admission. Participants engage in an intensive five-week summer academic and residential program focused on preparing individuals for a successful freshman year at the UHM. For the application and more details see Ms. Nietfeld.    DEADLINE to apply is December 5, 2017. Don’t miss out!

Juniors who plan to take the ACT test in February, you must turn in your ACT Parent Permission form to Ms. Nietfeld by Nov 28 or an exam will not be ordered for you. Thanks!

Seniors: How is your PTP coming along? Remember it must be totally complete by Dec 21 in order to earn your .5 PTP credit. See Ms. Nietfeld NOW if you have any questions about navigation or how to download files in the vault. Dec 21 is NOT the date to ask questions. 

Seniors: Planning to apply to UH at Manoa, there is a GREAT scholarship opportunity. It is the “Heart of a Warrior”. Deadline to apply for this scholarship is Dec 13. Stop by Ms. Nietfeld’s office to get a copy of the URL and more information to apply.

Are you in need of a job? If you are in Gr. 9th, 10th, or 11th , the Student Credit Union is looking to hire 4 new tellers. This is a PAID JOB!! If you are interested, see Ms. Kise ASAP for an application.

JV Baseball sign-ups are on the office counter. Please sign-up if you are interested so we can see if we have numbers to have a team.