December 12, 2017

There will not be a JV Baseball team this year.  Sign-ups for Varsity Baseball is on the office counter.  Conditioning starts Wednesday and Friday at 4:30pm at Kamehameha Park.

Seniors:  Important Reminder… you must go to your Advisor at a convenient time (recess, before school, after school) to show your PTP worksheets either from your File Vault in the My Future Hawaii website OR share your 8 PTP worksheets with your advisor in a Google Drive PTP Folder with your name on the folder by this week (Dec 15).  

JV & Varsity Softball sign-ups are on the office counter.  Practice/tryouts start on December 18 at 4pm at Kam Park top field.  Physicals and good attitudes are required.

Attention Seniors:  Are you interested in being on this year’s May Day Court?  Applications are now available in the office and are due to Ms. Ubilas by Dec. 20th at 2:30pm.  Don’t procrastinate and be sure to get your application in early.

Attention all Juniors interested in the Winter Lip Sync:  Practices will be every recess from now until the performance on Dec. 21.  Come when you can to Ms. Brown’s classroom.

STUDENTS and TEACHERS:

Next week is Winter Week which means it’s time for Winter Spirit Week.  Monday is Christmas Morning so come to school in your comfiest pajamas.  Tuesday is Santa’s Helpers; Wednesday is Ugly Sweater and Thursday is Christmas Spirit.  See the bulletin board in the hallway for more information on each dress up day.  Be sure to dress up each day to help your class earn some spirit points and join STUCO at lunch recess for a Winter Week game.  Our Winter Week assembly will be held on Friday Dec. 21 in the Cafeteria and we will be having a special schedule so check the bulletin boards for more information.

Peer Mentoring students:  We will be meeting THIS Friday during Advisory.  Please check in to  your Advisory FIRST.  You will receive a call slip from your Advisory to attend the meeting in the library.  SEE YOU THEN!

Hey all you music lovers and friends of our awesome Kohala High School music students….come and support our musicians at the winter concert!  A variety of music presented  by the piano ensemble, the band, and the chorus  will take place on Wednesday, December 13th, from 6:30 to 7:30 pm in the music room. Concert is free, and all respectful friends, family, and community are welcome!

Attention all Leo Club members: There will be a Leo Club Christmas party on December 14, Thursday, in the library during lunch recess.  Food and drinks will be provided. Please bring a grab bag (no more than $5.00).  Only current members, please.

The Leos will also be doing a food can drive so please pay attention to the bulletin for further notice on dates and times.  

Soccer travels to Ka’u today.  Game @ 3pm.  Bus leaves @ 10am.  Pls. excuse players @ 9:45am.