December 14, 2017

Mrs. Pasco’s Advisory students need to report to the Academy Room (Library Annex) for the Advisory period on Friday.

To the students who signed up for winter employment at Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, unfortunately there was some miscommunication between the hotel and us, and the positions are not available anymore.

There will not be a JV Baseball team this year. Sign-ups for Varsity Baseball is on the office counter. Conditioning continues on Fri. at 4:30pm at Kamehameha Park.

Seniors: The Mamoru and Aiko Takitani Foundation has a $2,000 scholarship. Pick up application information from Ms. Nietfeld. Deadline to apply is Feb 1.

Seniors: Important Reminder… you must go to your Advisor at a convenient time (recess, before school, after school) to show your PTP worksheets either from your File Vault in the My Future Hawaii website OR share your 8 PTP worksheets with your advisor in a Google Drive PTP Folder with your name on the folder by this week (Dec 15).

JV & Varsity Softball sign-ups are on the office counter. Practice/tryouts start on December 18 at 4pm at Kamehameha Park top field. Physicals and good attitudes are required.

Resource Assignments for 2nd semester are now posted on the hallway bulletin board and outside the office. Please be sure to check your assignment for next semester so you know where you will be going. See Ms. Ubilas if you have any questions.

Attn. Seniors: Are you interested in being on this year’s May Day Court? Applications are now available in the office and are due to Ms. Ubilas by Dec. 20th at 2:30pm. Don’t procrastinate and be sure to get your application in early.

Attn. all Juniors interested in the Winter Lip Sync: Practices wil be every recess from now until the performance on Dec. 21. Come when you can to Ms. Brown’s classroom.

STUDENTS and TEACHERS:

Next week is Winter Week which means its time for Winter Spirit Week. Monday is Christmas Morning so come to school in your most comfy-est pajamas. Tuesday is Santa’s Helpers; Wednesday is Ugly Sweater and Thursday is Christmas Spirit. See the bulletin board in the hallway for more information on each dress up day. Be sure to dress up each day to help your class earn some spirit points and join STUCO at lunch recess for a Winter Week game. Our Winter Week assembly will be held on Friday Dec. 21 in the Cafeteria and we will be having a special schedule so check the bulletin boards for more information.

Please excuse the Varsity Boys Basketball team at 2pm today and Friday. They will be participating in the Hilo Basketball Tournament.,

Peer Mentoring students: We will be meeting tomorrow during Advisory. Pls. check in to your Advisory FIRST. You will receive a call slip from your Advisory to attend the mtg. in the library. SEE YOU THEN!

Attention all Leo Club members: There will be a Leos Club Christmas party today in the library during lunch recess. Food and drinks will be provided. Please bring a grab bag (no more than $5.00). Only current members, please.

The Leos will also be doing a food can drive so please pay attention to the bulletin for further notice on dates and times.