December 15, 2017

Reminder: Pre-Registration Surveys are due TODAY to your Advisor or Mr. Hashimoto.

Are you in need of dental care? If you have MedQuest Insurance, you may be eligible for services from the Amazing Tooth Bus. Keiki up to age 21 are able to have cleaning, x-rays, fillings and much more done by Dr. Joseph Coleman right here in Kohala. Pls. call 889-5453 for information or to schedule an appointment.

This is a reminder that the Leo Club can food drive will be on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week at Takata store. The can food drive will be from 3:30 to 5:30. If you have not yet signed up, please see Mr. Kealoha for your availability. Please wear your Leo shirt to the can food drive. Mahalo.

Mrs. Pasco’s Advisory students to report to the Academy Room (Library Annex) Advisory period today.

To the students who signed up for winter employment at Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, unfortunately there was some miscommunication between the hotel and us, and the positions are not available anymore.

Juniors: Are you open to new ideas and challenges? The Bezos Scholars Program inspires and challenges Scholars to act on their passions and lead their communities. Each year the Bezos Scholars Program selects 12 teams from across the United States to become Bezos Scholars. Successful applicants are ambitious students who demonstrate academic rigor, curiosity, and leadership. Students selected receive and all-expenses-paid trip June 23-29, 2018 to Aspen, Colorado for a leadership training. See Ms. Nietfeld for more information.

Seniors: The Mamoru and Aiko Takitani Foundation has a $2,000 scholarship. Pick up application information from Ms. Nietfeld. Deadline to apply is Feb 1.

Seniors: Important Reminder… you must go to your Advisor at a convenient time (recess, before school, after school) to show your PTP worksheets either from your File Vault in the My Future Hawaii website OR share your 8 PTP worksheets with your advisor in a Google Drive PTP Folder with your name on the folder by this week (Dec 15).

JV & Varsity Softball sign-ups are on the office counter. Practice/tryouts start on December 18 at 4pm at Kam Park top field. Physicals and good attitudes are required.

Resource Assignments for 2nd semester are now posted on the hallway bulletin board and outside the office. Please be sure to check your assignment for next semester so you know where you will be going. See Ms. Ubilas if you have any questions.

Attn. Seniors: Are you interested in being on this year’s May Day Court? Applications are now available in the office and are due to Ms. Ubilas by Dec. 20th at 2:30pm. Don’t procrastinate and be sure to get your application in early.

Attn. all Juniors interested in the Winter Lip Sync: Practices will be every recess from now until the performance on Dec. 21. Come when you can to Ms. Brown’s classroom.

STUDENTS and TEACHERS:

Next week is Winter Week which means its time for Winter Spirit Week. Monday is Christmas Morning so come to school in your most comfy-est pajamas. Tuesday is Santa’s Helpers; Wednesday is Ugly Sweater and Thursday is Christmas Spirit. See the bulletin board in the hallway for more information on each dress up day. Be sure to dress up each day to help your class earn some spirit points and join STUCO at lunch recess for a Winter Week game. Our Winter Week assembly will be held on Thursday, Dec. 21 in the Cafeteria and we will be having a special schedule so check the bulletin boards for more information.

Please excuse the Varsity Boys Basketball team at 2pm today. They will be participating in the Hilo Basketball Tournament.

Peer Mentoring students: We will be meeting today during Advisory. Pls. check in to your Advisory FIRST. You will receive a call slip from your Advisory to attend the mtg. in the library. SEE YOU THEN!

Saturday:            Soccer hosts Makua Lani. Game @ 10am.

Girls Basketball travels to Ka’u. Game @ 6pm. Bus leaves @ 1pm.