December 19, 2017

If you have not turned in your Pre-registration form, see Mr. Hashimoto ASAP.

Are you in need of dental care? If you have MedQuest Insurance, you may be eligible for services from the Amazing Tooth Bus. Keiki up to age 21 are able to have cleaning, x-rays, fillings and much more done by Dr. Joseph Coleman right here in Kohala. Pls. call 889-5453 for information or to schedule an appointment.

Attn. Leo Club members: This is a reminder that the can food drive will be today and tomorrow at Takata store. The can food drive will be from 3:30 to 5:30. If you have not yet signed up, please see Mr. Kealoha for your availability. Please wear your Leo’s shirt to the can food drive. Mahalo.

To the students who signed up for winter employment at Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, unfortunately there was some miscommunication between the hotel and us, and the positions are not available anymore.

Juniors: Are you open to new ideas and challenges? The Bezos Scholars Program inspires and challenges Scholars to act on their passions and lead their communities. Each year the Bezos Scholars Program selects 12 teams from across the United States to become Bezos Scholars. Successful applicants are ambitious students who demonstrate academic rigor, curiosity, and leadership. Students selected receive and all-expenses-paid trip June 23-29, 2018 to Aspen, Colorado for a leadership training. See Ms. Nietfeld for more information.

Seniors: The Mamoru and Aiko Takitani Foundation has a $2,000 scholarship. Pick up application information from Ms. Nietfeld. Deadline to apply is Feb 1.

Resource Assignments for 2nd semester are now posted on the hallway bulletin board and outside the office. Please be sure to check your assignment for next semester so you know where you will be going. See Ms. Ubilas if you have any questions.

Attn. Seniors: Are you interested in being on this year’s May Day Court? Applications are now available in the office and are due to Ms. Ubilas by Dec. 20th at 2:30pm. Don’t procrastinate and be sure to get your application in early.

Attn. all Juniors interested in the Winter Lip Sync: Practices wil be every recess from now until the performance on Dec. 21. Come when you can to Ms. Brown’s classroom.

STUDENTS and TEACHERS:

Winter Week is here!!! Are you dressed as your favorite North Pole resident?   Tomorrow is Ugly Sweater so be sure to show us your most Christmas-y looking sweater and Thursday is Christmas Spirit. See the bulletin board in the hallway for more information on each dress up day. Be sure you are dressing up each day to help your class earn some spirit points and join STUCO at lunch recess for a Winter Week game. Our Winter Week assembly will be held on Friday in the Cafeteria and we will be having a special schedule so check the bulletin boards for more information.

Girls Basketball travels to Pahoa today. Varsity only. Game @ 6pm. Bus leaves @ 1:30pm. Please excuse players @ 1:15pm.

Soccer travels to Kamehameha today. Game @ 6pm. Bus leaves @ 1:30pm. Please excuse players @ 1:15pm.