December 20, 2017

If you have not turned in your Pre-registration form, see Mr. Hashimoto ASAP.

Are you in need of dental care? If you have MedQuest Insurance, you may be eligible for services from the Amazing Tooth Bus. Keiki up to age 21 are able to have cleaning, x-rays, fillings and much more done by Dr. Joseph Coleman right here in Kohala. Please call 889-5453 for information or to schedule an appointment.

Attn. Leo Club members: This is a reminder that the can food drive will be today at Takata store. The can food drive will be from 3:30 to 5:30. If you have not yet signed up, please see Mr. Kealoha for your availability. Please wear your Leo’s shirt to the can food drive. Club members who cannot help at Takata Store should come to the Academy room at morning recess today to help tally the collection. Mahalo.

Juniors: Are you open to new ideas and challenges? The Bezos Scholars Program inspires and challenges Scholars to act on their passions and lead their communities. Each year the Bezos Scholars Program selects 12 teams from across the United States to become Bezos Scholars. Successful applicants are ambitious students who demonstrate academic rigor, curiosity, and leadership. Students selected receive and all-expenses-paid trip June 23-29, 2018 to Aspen, Colorado for a leadership training. See Ms. Nietfeld for more information.

Seniors: The Mamoru and Aiko Takitani Foundation has a $2,000 scholarship. Pick up application information from Ms. Nietfeld. Deadline to apply is Feb 1.

Resource Assignments for 2nd semester are now posted on the hallway bulletin board and outside the office. Please be sure to check your assignment for next semester so you know where you will be going. See Ms. Ubilas if you have any questions.

Attention Seniors: Are you interested in being on this year’s May Day Court? Applications are now available in the office and are due to Ms. Ubilas by tomorrow at 2:30pm. Don’t procrastinate and be sure to get your application in early.

Attn. all Juniors interested in the Winter Lip Sync: Practices will be every recess from now until the performance on Dec. 21. Come when you can to Ms. Brown’s classroom.

STUDENTS and TEACHERS:

Winter Week is here!!! Are you rocking your most Christmas-y looking sweater? Tomorrow is your last chance to participate in Winter Week dress-up by showing us your Christmas Spirit – your best red, white and green. See the bulletin board in the hallway for more information. Be sure you are dressing up each day to help your class earn some spirit points and join STUCO at lunch recess for a Winter Week game. Our Winter Week assembly will be held on Thursday in the Cafeteria and we will be having a special schedule so check the bulletin boards for more information.