Cowgirls Basketball continued over winter break

Tiani Perez-Fisher, Reporter

Cowgirls vs. Waiakea

Over winter break on Friday, December 22, Cowgirls headed to Waiakea. By halftime the JV Cowgirls were losing 10-34. Laila Caravalho was the leading scorer with 6 points, followed by Kailee Paro and Tiani Perez with 5 points each. JV lost with a final score of 19-57. Varsity by halftime was also losing with a score of 11-29. Zazttaney Matsu was the leading scorer with 5 points, followed by Jasmine Hook and Angel Ramos with 4 points each.

Cowgirls vs. Konawaena

On Friday, December 29th, Konawaena hosted the Cowgirls. By halftime JV was losing with a score of 4-11. Kailee Paro was the leading scorer with 10 points, followed by Laila  Caravalho with 8 points. The JV lost with a score of 22-25. Varsity by halftime was also losing with a score of 11-44. Kiana Kauka and Angel Ramos were the leading scorers with 8 points each. Varsity lost with a final score of 23-70.

Cowgirls vs. Honoka’a

On Wednesday, January 3rd, the Cowgirls took on Honoka’a Dragons! Unfortunately, the Honoka’a Dragons do not have a JV, only varsity. By halftime the Cowgirls were losing 11-31. Kiana Kauka was the leading scorer with 10 points, followed by Camylle Jayde Agbayani with 8 points and Maya Anderson with 6 points. The varsity lost with a score of 28-49.

Cowgirls vs. Kealakehe

On January 6th, the Cowgirls hosted Kealakehe Waveriders. By halftime JV was winning 14-9. Kailee Paro was the leading scorer with 14 points, followed by Laila Caravalho and Zaylynn Moniz with 8 points each. JV won with a final score of 42-19. Varsity by halftime was also winning with a score of 35-16. Kiana Kauka was the leading scorer with 15 points, followed by Maya Anderson with 11 points, Camylle Jayde Agbayani and Angel Ramos with 7 points each. The varsity also came out with a win, final score of 57-35. Great Game Cowgirls!