Kohala High Students Eager for Christmas Break

The Ka Leo Na ‘Opio staff wishes everyone a happy holiday.

By: CJ Yamamoto

For many students and teachers at Kohala High school, Christmas break is the most anticipated vacation of the year. Although the holidays can be stressful for many, it is also an exciting and joyful. The time has flown by over the years where we count down the days until Santa comes. For seniors, the four Christmases spent in school have also rushed by. Students at Kohala High were asked what they were going to do for the Christmas season. Senior Jenna Nickl sarcastically said, “Making out with Justin Biber under the misteletoe! But really I will be going to Financial literacy workshops with the Student Credit Union, and also hanging out with one of my good friends throughout the holidays.”

There are many different things students here at the school are planning on doing for the break. For example visiting family, traveling to other states or islands, having parties, and also many of them will be doing community service to help families that are less fortunate. Jasmine Santana stated, “I will be heading to Massachusetts for the holidays , but I will be returning back to spend time with friends.” Likewise Daryl Diaz will also be traveling, but not quite as far. He said, ” I’ll be heading to Oahu to spend my holidays with my sister and I’m really excited!”

Kohala High School students are proud to spread the holiday spirit. As a school we are are collecting toys for tots to donate to the children in our own town that are less fortunate then we are. The Kohala High School students are all about having a great ending to the second quarter before the holidays. It is very nice to see that all students working hard bef0re getting out of here.

The Ka Leo Na Opio Staff would like to wish everyone a safe and Happy Holidays!