January 24, 2018

Qtr. 1 Honor Roll students whose photos were posted on the bulletin board, please pick up your photo from the main office during recesses or before/after school by this Friday.

Please note that the bulletin board by the office is to recognize and congratulate those who earned a 3.5 GPA for the Quarter 2 Honor Roll. Kindly respect the display and avoid removing any of the hearts. The photos will be given to each of the students before the next Honor Roll posting. Mahalo!

Boys Volleyball sign up is in the main office. You will need a current physical to participate.

Are you a good presenter? Do you like poetry? Do you like cash prizes? If so, consider competing in this year’s Poetry Out Loud competition, held in Ms. Petruzzi’s room (37) on Friday, January 26 during Resource. In order to compete, you must choose a poem (with at least 14 lines) from poetryoutloud.org and recite it from memory. Competitors will be scored on the criteria of; physical presence, voice & articulation, dramatic appropriateness, evidence of understanding, and accuracy. The school winner will go on to compete for the title state-champion in Honolulu, with the potential to join the national competition in Washington D.C. for a $20,000 prize. Sign up sheets are in the main office. Deadline to sign up is tomorrow, January 25. See poetryoutloud.org for more information.

Congratulations to those students who were nominated to this year’s prom court. A list of nominated students is posted on the bulletin boards. There is a mandatory mtg. today during brunch recess in Ms. Ubilas’ room to do over voting and court requirements.

Are you interested in being on next years STUCO?  You do not need to be a senior to apply for STUCO, you must only want to see a change in the school and be willing to work hard to serve the student body.  Applications are now available in the office for those students who are interested in applying and are due to Ms. Ubilas by Friday, February 2nd.  See Ms. Ubilas if you have any questions.

Mandatory Varsity Softball practice begins on Monday, January 29 at 4pm at Kamehameha Park. Physicals required.

The following students have bus passes ready for pick up in the office: Mike Afaga, Jessa May Campollo, Grant DeWitt, Zachary Evangelista and Nicholas Quinn.

STUDENTS and TEACHERS:

The next First Friday is scheduled for Feb. 2 from 4pm-7pm. Then, March 2, April 6, and lastly, May 4, 2018. Applications are in the main office. The more vendors we have, the more merrier it will be and reasons of keeping Kohala High School First Friday alive.

Girls Basketball travels to Hilo Civic for 1st round of Playoffs against Kamehameha. Game @ 4pm. Bus leaves @ 1pm. Varsity only.