January 25, 2018

Quarter 1 Honor Roll students whose photos were posted on the bulletin board, please pick up your photo from the main office during recesses or before/after school by this Friday.

Boys Volleyball sign up is in the main office. You will need a current physical to participate.

Are you a good presenter? Do you like poetry? Do you like cash prizes? If so, consider competing in this year’s Poetry Out Loud competition, held in Ms. Petruzzi’s room (37) tomorrow during Resource. In order to compete, you must choose a poem (with at least 14 lines) from poetryoutloud.org and recite it from memory. Competitors will be scored on the criteria of; physical presence, voice & articulation, dramatic appropriateness, evidence of understanding, and accuracy. The school winner will go on to compete for the title state-champion in Honolulu, with the potential to join the national competition in Washington D.C. for a $20,000 prize. Sign up sheets are in the main office. Deadline to sign up is tomorrow, January 25. See poetryoutloud.org for more information.

Are you interested in being on next years STUCO?  You do not need to be a senior to apply for STUCO, you must only want to see a change in the school and be willing to work hard to serve the student body.  Applications are now available in the office for those students who are interested in applying and are due to Ms. Ubilas by Friday, February 2nd.  See Ms. Ubilas if you have any questions.

Mandatory Varsity Softball practice begins on Monday, January 29 at 4pm at Kamehameha Park. Physicals required.

The following students have bus passes ready for pick up in the office: Mike Afaga, Jessa May Campollo, Grant DeWitt, Zachary Evangelista and Nicholas Quinn.

STUDENTS and TEACHERS:

The next First Friday is scheduled for Feb. 2 from 4pm-7pm. Then, March 2, April 6, and lastly, May 4, 2018. Applications are in the main office. The more vendors we have, the merrier it will be and more reason for keeping Kohala High School First Friday alive.