February 13, 2018

All Student Credit Union Members: Please stop by the SCU during lunch recess for your Valentine treat & games. Our way of saying we love our members!!

Attention All Students: Design a t-shirt for the Kamehameha Day celebration using the theme “Kipu’upu’u O Kamehameha.” This is open to all Kohala community members. Requirements are: no larger than 8.5”x11”, cannot use trademark logos, graphics, or copies of art, limited to 3 colors. Submit no later than March 9, 2018. Drop off at Kohala Village Hub, Attn. Michelle. Include you name, phone# and address. Judging will be the end of MARCH. THE winning image will be printed on the 2018 Kamehameha Day t-shirt and announced in the Kohala Mountain News. See Mrs. Hoy for more information.

Seniors in Prom Court: Please meet am recess at Mrs. Hoy’s classroom tomorrow for Yearbook picture taking. Thank you!

Seniors: On Wed., Feb. 21 weather permitting, Yearbook will be taking the senior mob shot photo on the back field during morning recess. Pls. be prompt! Thank you!

The following Students who were in the PSY 100 college class last semester, please return your Psychology Textbook to Ms. Nietfeld as soon as possible to avoid an obligation: Louis Arraujo, Chyenne Book, Kiele Carpio, Maila Donner, Zazttaney Matsu, Daniel O’Donnell, Christopher Tinfo.   Thank you to those who have returned your books already!

Juniors and Seniors, Petty Office Phillips from the United States Marines will be at Kohala High today at 9:30 in the Counselor’s office. If you are interested in a career with the United States Marines, stop by the counselor’s office to get a Pass.

Juniors and Seniors who are interested in an opportunity to study abroad in Japan AND earn a 2 yr degree… come to the Hawaii Tokai University presentation on Feb 15, 2018 from 8:10-9:00 in Room 17. Stop by the counselor’s office to get a Permission Form.

Students age 14 to 17 the United States Department of Agriculture is sponsoring an AgDiscovery program for you. This is a unique opportunity for students to experience agricultural science, and learn about careers in animal and plant disciplines, wildlife management, veterinary medicine, biotechnology, entomology, food safety, food production, agribusiness, forestry, and LOTS more! The program will be held at the University of Hawaii, Manoa from July 8-21. All costs, except transportation to and from the program, are covered by the AgDiscovery program. If you would like more information and an application, see Ms. Nietfeld!

Spirit Week continues today!!!  Are you rocking your best sports wear?  Be sure to dress up again tomorrow for Red & Pink Day and Thursday for Favorite Meme day.  You must be in your class at the start of the period to earn points for your class.  Be sure to join us at lunch recess for a noon-time game to earn your class even more points.  See the bulletin board for more information.

Do you love to sing or play music?  Do you have a secret talent that you want to share?  Sign up to participate in the talent showcase at the JAMboree on March 10.  Sign-ups are in the office and end on March 2.  See Ms. Ubilas if you have any questions.